No announcement yet.

i found this in diane's blog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, kli, I don't think anyone is ever going to let you forget that one.

and in the interest of avoiding my own one-liner...

EEP PM!!! no! we don't want people to go missing (unless they turn up again almost immediately) aaugh!!! Unless it's Johanne (or however you spell that) Then, well, good riddens.

vv
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Poor Gryph. Still not getting the concept of SUBSTANCE in a post. I answered a question--I talked to someone. I gave a link. I gave INFORMATION. What's the last post of yours that can say the same?

That was not the kind of one-liner that got db_pr stuck on a moderation list for six months.

And I'm still a mod and you're not.

Besides, if you're gonna take me to task, then you're gonna have to go and scold DD as well...

Anhoo, to yank this thread back on-topic, has everybody heard about poor Bubbles? You might want to check the last few Out of Ambit postings. And understand why DD might not be all that cheery in the chat tomorrow.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:
        EEP PM!!! no! we don't want people to go missing (unless they turn up again almost immediately) aaugh!!! Unless it's Johanne (or however you spell that) Then, well, good riddens.
        Tell DD . I quoted from what she said in chat - and she said one or two will go missing in action, and that she wouldn't bother losing anyone we didn't *know*. Somehow, I don't think Joanne is going to be one of them.

Speculation about Carmela, however... no, I won't go there.

And to nitpick Mod Kathy, Bubbles is a Powerpuff Girl! DD's cat's name was Bubble.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Yup. I got it wrong. And I was too lazy to fix it. This board is rubbing off on me. I just forgot that Bubble was half of a set. Sadly, as an American "Bubble & Squeak" just isn't as firmly rooted in my cultural knowledge as Bubbles, Buttercup, and Blossom.

I can't find the OoA entry on Bubble going off to hunt on her day job, though.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Oh, shame. I like that story, especially the bit at the end with the other cats' reactions to the live rat she once brought in.

And then two entries down from that is the one about Peter Morwood taking DD out for dinner on her birthday. Aw.

(I couldn't get the search to do anything, so I just picked March 2004 as about right, and skimmed forward.)
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Thanks, PM! Strangely, searching for "day job", "Bubble," or "Demesne" didn't pull up that entry... I think maybe Google isn't indexing all of OoA.

Comment

When I first started WH I would have encouraged the killing of Roshaun but towards the end I sort of started to like him so now I say... No!no!no!no!no!no! But, I suppose it's DD's decision. We all got over the death of Ed and Fred and Mrs. Callahan so I suppose this would be no different, but still...
                -----------------
                I wrestled the angels for more than a name.
                Loyal page to Squire Garth.
                My fantasy RP

Comment

Hmm. I know exactly what you mean. Then again, I think I was a bit predisposed to like him because he was just so anime-ish and well, who doesn't like blonde anime princes? Especially prickly ones. Yum.

I dunno if I could get over him so easily... Fred was hard, but we kind of missed Mrs. Callhan's death so it wasn't quite as immediate. And Diane just keeps getting better at creating really intriguing and emotionally invested characters as the series goes on, so I have the feeling that losing Roshaun would actually be a bigger blow than previous deaths.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Re: DD's latest entry.

AUUUGGGHHHH!! Poor DD. Anybody got any ideas for a "Get Well" thingie we could do for her? Being in bed for six weeks has gotta suck.

Comment

my suggestion (in white so DD doesn't see it):

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">we could make summat like the yw family tree they did awhile back with everyone desgining their own little bit and then putting them all toegther into one big collage. that would look pretty cool.</span>

...yeah.
                      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

mmm... I suggested something like that in TOGR a while ago, but it never got off the ground . <span class="ev_code_white">If we do do it, we should email the images to one person and have them put it together, rather than try to organise it on the boards though</span>.

Comment

Working...
                        X