This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard's Holiday Cover

Just wanted to know what people think of the cover rough, and what it might reveal about the book.

It's OK... I like the Alone one better. I also don't think it's really telling us any more about the book than we already know... It seems like they're in an alien landscape, which we already knew. Uh... that's all I can think of to say right now...
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yeah, Birdhead's right, it doesn't reveal much about the book. But I don't mind it so much; the Alone one seems to have more detail.

What's your favorite cover? I have all the new covers, and I like...uh...I like...well, I don't know. Have to think about it...

*Ella*
      Hakuna Matata, people!
      Whoopee! It's almost summer! (This is the part when I remember that I have to move this summer.)
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

On this cover, Ponch looks like a different breed of dog. He looks more like the Ponch that was on a cover of Alone that didn't get used.

Comment

I liked The new SYWTBAW book cover most. After all it was what caught my attention in the book store. Don't know about this new one though. Maybe it will change before it is published.

-IV-
          -IV-
          Ipha
          Dai Stihò

Comment

I think I like the old cover for SYWTBAW, the luminous one. I can't remember the artist's name off the top of my head, but it shows Kit and Nita coming out of a manhole and the Lone Power mounted on his horse behind them.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

No, I like the paperback books the best. Cuz, I just saw the paperback print of a wizard alone and better then the hardback and besides all my collection is paperback. I ordered it because I couldn't wait to read it. Argh NOOOOOOO.

Comment

Originally posted by Aislinn:
                On this cover, Ponch looks like a different breed of dog. He looks more like the Ponch that was on a cover of Alone that didn't get used.
                Yeah, the artist does that sometimes -- "pastes in" a different dog, or some such, before he does the painting. He's just trying to give the art director a rough sense of how the completed cover will look. He'll get Ponch right before he's done.

-- DD
                -- DD

Comment

(this is a little off topic but hey what's new about that?) Anyways, YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOoo LUCKY!! For a lot of you you only have to wait three hours or so to see the next exerpt because it will be morning or afternoon but what will I be doing in three hours, sleeping!! I have to wait until I wake up!!! And that won't be for a long time since I'm babysitting and it doesn't look like my mom will be back soon and my sisters getting restless. So enjoy veiwing the exerpt and think of me!

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

Cool, I see what you mean. thanks for clearing that up. it makes since that it is done that way.

To Marnie: Gosh, Stop complaining!!! What do you expect when you live on Mars???

-IV-
                    Ipha
                    -IV-
                    Ipha
                    Dai Stihò

Comment

I guess. oh well, I'm tired and I can't go to sleep until my mom gets back, and it's 11:00!! I don't really want to go to sleep while babysitting so I'm crabby. Probably will be tommorow too...

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

Ahh, creepy, now I Know you must live in the U.S.

-IV-
                        Ipha
                        -IV-
                        Ipha
                        Dai Stihò

Comment

Man, you guys are lucky. I can't even FIND the cover... Except for the little tiny picture of a part of it when you enter these boards... LOL.

<b><font color="Albusdumbledore"> Wizard And Proud
                          [b]<font color="Albusdumbledore"> Wizard And Proud

Comment

Hah, Agent M, it came out at about 11:00 pm our time. In other words, just long enough that I had to go to sleep. *pouts* About an hour before it was supposed to come out... I was quite cross.
                            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                            Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                            Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Wait a sec, Diane Duane actually comes on here? *amazed* *waves* Hi Diane!!!

Sorry for the off-topic-ness.

&lt;b&gt;&lt;font color="Albusdumbledore"&gt; Wizard And Proud
                              [b]<font color="Albusdumbledore"> Wizard And Proud

Comment

Working...
                              X