The Dilemma!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dilemma!!!

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Wizards Diemma was a great book. I think there is a lot to learn from it. Like death, illiness, family support, and expecially friend support. I also learned to talk about death more freely. I realised that dying may not be so bad when you know your helping someone. Nitas mom knew she was helping Nita stop the Lonepower. That's why I think Nita mom was open to that fact. Or maybe another reason so feel free to comment on that.

Fox I liked you example about the flower. It is a great way to look at life and I totally agree with you. I loved this book but it was sad.

One question I had about this book was when the Lonepower was threating Nita. After that It turned to Kit and said something about Nita betraying him. Not an exact quote because I don't have my book with me. Was the Lonepower trying to freak them out or will betrayal really happen? I hope is doesn't.
    "Life is pain, highnes. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
    ~The Princess Bride~

Comment

Comment

Hey, not to worry, man! Of course I will help start it, I woulden't be a good STTF memeber if i didn't!

In a way, I didn't like this book, in a way I did. It was a very touching and sad book. I really do hope that no one betrays anyone in these books. I love the characters the way they are. Let me tell ya though, what you said that goes with smthn else in the other book. In WH they are talking to the LP and It said 'you are smart for a mortal sometimes, its a pity you dont see things my way, we could do well together.' That and what you said, Meg, really startled me.

I don't think I am scared to die, all I think I am afraid of is dying before I can live life! Well, thats my two cents worth and, good luck with the thread, Fox! Don't worry, I have your back.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

About the betrayal-- remember the binding oath (Wizards Holiday)? In YW's good scientific style, there is an "equal and opposite reaction" clause. Nita's going to be affected by it somehow and I think that may be where the betrayal comes in. (Incidentally, watching the otters at the zoo has made me distinctly uncomfortable since reading this book.)
          I read Wizard's Dilemma about the time my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Nowhere near as sick as Nita's mom, thankfully. But it was a powerful thing to read right then.

Comment

Talking beast! How strange, I read this book about 4-6 months after My nan died of cancer! What made it even more personal was that I cared for her the last two months (when we found out shehad cancer and was terminal!), I gave up everything in my life and cared for her! I never thought we had been that close but in thoses two months we became ver close and I'm glade she gave me the opitunity to help! With out that there would have been a dark part to my heart that would forever feel depressed and with the thought 'I should have done something!'. I don't have that thought or feeling all I remember all the good times! and things that made us laugh together! after I saw her go through all that I decided there and then I was not affraid anymore! Its like when she died so did my fear!

Anyway When I read this book I thought of her and her fight! and It makes me think of her everytime I read it. It hit very close to home and I'm glade I read it! It just confirmed my own feelings and thoughts and for that I could not thank DD enough.
            Fox

Comment

Fox: No problem, I guessed it was that. Chime has done that to me in the past, too.

I don't have any personal stories about reading Wizard's Dilemma, and deaths in the family. My sister's almost-mother-in-law died seven months after I read it, but I didn't see her often enough to realise she was that ill.

When I read it, my parents had been dead for nine and twenty-two years . (Neither died of cancer.)
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

PM I think your sooooo brave! I really don't know what I would do without my mum and dad around! I thought about it lately and I thought that if they did die I would never see my sister! We don't get on that well and never do anything together and I'm really worrid that when they do go I will lose contact with her! Is scary!! I must do something about it!
                Fox

Comment

Well, you don't get much choice. You either cope or, I suppose, go crazy.

Guess why I moved to Dover? To be closer to my sister and other relatives, after I was made redundant and there was no longer any reason to stay in Crawley. I don't see most of them that often, though.

You can change your sig now .
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Fox, then you do need to do smthn about it. One day your going to look back and regret not talking to your sister much. Go now and call her! Just spend some time with her and see how it goes! How old is she anyways?
                    **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Your all right!!! Sorry PM have not been on the net for two days and I thought I already changed it back! Sorry

She got ack from hoilday 2day and she was talking nice enough to me (makes a change) so I told her I expect some visits to where I'm staying at Uni! Told her we would go shopping (Her fav) and she took an intrest in when I'm going! Could this be a change in our relationship? Watch this space!!!

Fox

Comment

Of course I will be watching! I hope it all turns out well for you Fox. And, yes, it does sound like she is maybe turning around.. yay!
                        **Neets**

Comment

Ok thats enough of my problems lets get back onto this huge subject of family!! Anyone else want to make some comments or talk about family probolems??
                          Fox

Comment

I don't think I really have any family problems... Cept I do get into argument's alot with my folks. We never fight, just arguments here and there. Mostly about the computer. They think i spend to much time and my dad think's it is 'unnatural obbsesion'. He says I am obbsessed...

I listining and helping ppl.. keep us posted on you and your sister!
                            **Neets**

Comment

Hey Nita you don't get out of it that easy!! there has to be something!! I can't just talk about my problems and thoughts!!

Ok tell me what you think about Death!! Is there an afterlife? are you scared? If so, why do you think you are scared? What are your familys thoughts on death?
                              Everyone already knows my thoughts on this so lets hear yours!
                              Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X