No announcement yet.

Nita's Mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that would be boring, don't you think? Having met everyone at once, you wouldn't have anyone new to meet, or anything new to do and so on. Its been a while since I read that one - maybe I should get it off the shelf again, but the Pig, if he is everywhere and everywhen, then there would be nothing that could surprise him and make him excited.

Alla

Comment

...or maybe everything's surprising, and so he's constantly being surprised and delighted.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I was thinking, I mean we as humans sometimes do things again and again. and the T'Pig would also feel that as he is trancendant but I was thinking maybe every time he thinks or observes something again he finds something else new. I know that makes no sense let me think about an example erm... if you had two days that where exactly the same would you watch the sun rise twice? I know I would, I would not care that I had seen it the day before. I would still stand there and watch. So maybe thats the same for the T'Pig?
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

It also depends how good Chao's memory is. After all, he's got a lot to remember. A bad memory would make everything more interesting for him. However, if he really doesn't experience time sequentially, when Kit first met him, Chao already knew the entire conversation, including the bit about the glede.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

yeah When I finishe the book I almost started crying and I don't do that because of books very often.

and as for the bit about the trancendant pig not knowing about the conversation with kit. I have given up trying to understand beings with more power than I
            (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
            "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Watch the sun rise twice. How long does it take for the sun to rise? I don't think I'd be able to sit through it all. I think it would suck to be the 'T'Pig'.

Carl/ BO:
              and as for the bit about the trancendant pig not knowing about the conversation with kit. I have given up trying to understand beings with more power than I
              I don't beleive there are beings with more power than me. I am all poewrful! MUAHAHA!

Also, Carl, we should've explained the rules to you in chat about the forums. You're supposed to capitalize the beginning of your sentences, I's, etc, and have your post be more than a line or two in length. DD pays for the forum, and posts drive up costs. We want to make every post worth her money. One Liners simply don't have enough content to be justified.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

back on topic now.

when that one person said that maybe nita's mom was a wizard once. I think it's a good Idea.

but maybe she gave it up for these reasons

possibly when she married nita's dad.

or when nita was born.

My other reasons don't even make sense to me.
                so what's the point in posting them.

---
                Oh, Oops again gryphon I guess I should read the other posts.

In the meantime you are not more powerful then me I can read one of these books in 4 hours or less.I read the 5th Harry Potter book in 12 hours and I doubt very much you can do that. Also I have had to memorize almost the entire periodic table and I did it in 2 days. So really who is more powerful?

[edited to consolidate double-post--kli.]
                "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Carl:
                  I read the 5th Harry Potter book in 12 hours and I doubt very much you can do that.
                  *grins* Didju really? I'm not tempted to try, but it sounds like a competition to take up.

I think DD is more powerful than you because she can write all eight YW books. *

As for the periodic table, which bits? Which symbol goes with which element or everything down to the atomic mass number?

But none of that matters because I am the most powerful, second to none, blah blah blah. I am your SENPAI!!! I will teach you how to bow, and you will bow to me. And if you don't bow, I will show you akki jitsu.

Muahahaha! Feel pain!

*Thanks, PM.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I read it in... I can't remember. But less than twelve, so, you know, that's not some huge feat.

I'm pretty sure it's not relevant to how powerful one is- but I'm also pretty sure that relative senses of power aren't really important? I mean in a forum? Relax, people, okay.

As for Nita's mom... well, if the wizardry comes from Nita's Dad's side of the family, wouldn't it be more likely her father was? And then she's got an aunt who we know is a wizard, so, well, I guess she could have been but I'm not sure we really have enough evidence to suggest it and certianly not to prove it, right? I'd like to hear why you think she might have been, though...

Comment

But Aunt Annie is Harry's sister. That just supports the fact of wizardry coming from her dad's side of the family: Harry wasn't one, but his sister was.

I don't think Betsy could have been a wizard. Whatever Chao meant, must have been something else.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Peter- re Annie, yeah, that was what I meant. Um, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankaa:
                          well...if the Pig was a living record of everything, Kit wouldn't've been able to tell him the three truths, even with the glede. maybe t'pig doesn't really have a purpose. maybe he was created out of sheer boredom, and exists out of amusement with the mortal words of sequential time. we don't know, and that's what makes it interesting.
                          Dai stihó! Perhaps that is why the Pig is so crabby, and is willing to tell Kit the truth even though he only gave 2 and a half. Hmm...

Comment

PM to surport that further I remember Harry (Nita's dad) saying that his grandmother was once the mayor (I think) But also he saw her disapear as she was a wizard too!! So Wizardry if on his side but I was thinking two differant things, firstly did the grandmother and Anniw know each other were wizards? and, If there is Wizardry on BOTH sides of Nita's family would that explain why they seem to be succesful as wizards. I mean compared to most wizards they seem to be doing more than pretty well at the momment!
                            Fox
                            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Fox, that sounds interesting, but we don't really hear about any of the other wizards, really. I mean some stuff is mentioned, but you don't really hear about what they actually do and how they are actually going, but yeah...

As for Nita's mom being a wizard, it might be possible, but wouldn't someone else (eg Tom or Carl) have remememebered her... or do both the wizards and the one who lost it forget... now I'm just confusing myself now...

Alla

Comment

Well perhaps this power thing is ridiculus but you were all getting too serious about this topic. I am here to help with comic relief express my opinion and to share in experiencing the coolest site on the internet.

Ps. I rant like this for fun and...*train of thought derailed again. another attention span deficet expected.*

Comment

Working...
                                X