No announcement yet.

The Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was also this earlier post by DD, which sounds similar.

Oh, I'll quote from it:
    There are also people out there who would take the appearance of "magic words" and "spells" in these books as evidence that the books were some kind of trap set by, uh, a figure with horns and a funny tail frequently mistaken for the Lone Power. I refuse to give them any ammunition to work with.
    Ok, so the manual wouldn't be "in these books", but there would be people who would take it as evidence.

There are already people on this site whose parents aren't keen on them reading YW books, for some reason. I don't think you should make it harder for them.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

oh cool, ya know DD should actually like write a "manual"

Comment

Cool! I've always dreamed about writing a wizard's manual......

We could start with the parts in Nita's manual, then add on with Dairine's. Then we could improvise, based on what Nita and Tom (and the others) tell you.

That would be like fanfiction. The Defender, I wonder if that was positive?
        Dai, cousins!

-Raven

Comment

What DD is writing isn't a Manual - it's a sort of dictionary. What I had in mind was a sort of exercise to exert all the people here's crazy fan power to create something. An exercise. Maybe some words in the Speech. But never a language.
          Dai, cousins!

-Raven

Comment

DEFENDER!!! YOU HAVENT TOLD US YET!!! I AM WAITING!!! How is it goin, btw?
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

so you don't have to worry about it being too much like fanfic you guys should just do something like make some maps based on what DD has said in her books. you always read about the manual showing maps, so it would correspond. plus, maps are relatively easy; it wouldn't be too diffucult to make a map showing the location of the world gate in Grand Central or something of the like.

i don't know, it's just an idea.
              Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
              "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

Maps are good. Just be sure you're up to DD's standards. She's an amateur cartographer, and, according to this bio:
                ... one of her early efforts, a USGS-type map of Roger Zelazny's fictional city, Amber, hung in the office of the deputy director of the US Geological Survey in Washington)...
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

lol, hey, thats a good idea Tel. Defender is back so he should type any day now...hopefully.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I think it would be really cool to have an online manual. I mean, it would be interesting to see what the charactors see every time they open there books. That's just me though.
                    zgirl said:You should also include a roleplay kind of thing if you can. That would be so cool.
                    if you want to do a roleplaying game, try this:
                    http://www.avidgamers.com/playroom/index.php?main
                    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                    X