No announcement yet.

The Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I've emailed the admin to see about asking DD if doing this manual is okay so its just waiting for some news <-- HAHA so true
    "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
    The sun also rises,
    The day goes on."

Comment

If you do turn it into a fan site...

do me a favour, and have a section where we can collate fan fic and art? You could probably find a connection to the manual if you had too, but I've been thinking of compiling a fan site with all fan fic, fan art, and maybe some of the posts on the forum into a kind of YW fandom FAQ...

... and ifI could jsut do it as a part of thi it would be so much easier. OTOH, I would really really want to check
      -DD's opinion
      -copyright issues
      -etc
      before we do this. *shrugs*
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I know this has been asked before, but, how long do you think it would take, if you get premmision. Im sure you will. I am not very good with computers, so , I can't really do much. But, if there is anything easy you can think of, I will do it!
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

as of people helping I have now emailed DD directly and I will tell you as soon as she responds what you could do. Mostly anyways we just need people to possibly start writing their own spell diagrams/descriptions

The sun also rises,
          The day goes on."

Comment

hee, I've wanted to do that for a long time...

(and maybe this'll mean more people will start doing fanart!!! *looks around meaningfully*)

Comment

Interesting, an online manual. It sounds like a brilliant idea! You should also include a roleplay kind of thing if you can. That would be so cool.
              BTW:I have lots of fan art but I don't have a scanner so I can't show it to you guys
              I hope the website goes on very well!
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

And call it the Master Manual! :P

Oooh, making my own spells and stuff would mean I'd need to reread the Young Wizards series. Maybe I'll have to do fanart finally. And maybe fanfics or parts of fan fics. What I sometimes do with a few friends is start a story and pass it on. Like someone would start, maybe write a paragraph or two (or a chapter) then they'd pass it on to another person, who would continue more of the story. It would go in a circle to get back to the original person, and the cycle would start over again, still continueing the story until it reaches a kind of conclusion. ((And then you write another story!))
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I can't wait for Defender to get that answer back from DD! I would do fanart if I could draw!
                  **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Hey all I love the enthusiasm
                    I just checked my email and still no response . I don't want to be annoying though so I think I will wait a few days to send another one just incase she didn't get this last one.

The sun also rises,
                    The day goes on."

Comment

Ewww! I can't wait! This is going to be great!
                      **Neets**

Comment

lol for once one of my mad schemes have catapulted people into frenzied expectancy!(over exaggerating)

The sun also rises,
                        The day goes on."

Comment

Well I still haven't gotten a response so I guess I'll try one last time eh?

The sun also rises,
                          The day goes on."

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, there's some YW fanfiction at www.fanfiction.net...and Zgirl, there's a couple of YW roleplays at avidgamers...
                            ~Rachel

Comment

Yes, do try again, please.
                              **Neets**

Comment

I like the enthusiasm, but y'know, only DD should write pieces of the Manual. It's her idea, her creation, as is the Speech. It's like fanfic--cutting in on her territory. Go create your own world.

I think all this enthusiasm might be better channeled into helping with the Concordance. (from the youngwizards.com front page)
                                The Errantry Concordance...

...is a work in progress which, when completed, will serve as an "encyclopedia" of the Young Wizards universe up to volume 8, Wizards at War. DD began work on the Concordance early in 2003 and will from time to time be publishing excerpts from it here. Watch the right-hand sidebar for links to these excerpts.

Topics to be covered by the Concordance include such things as:
                                Abdals | Binding Oath, the | CATNYP (see also "Internet, wizardly implementations") | Davidson, A. R. (see "Famous Wizards [Earth]") | Emissary (see also "Titles and formal referents") | Formulae (in spelling) | Group wizardries | Hidebehinds | Imaging-and-patency spells | Joanne (see "Virella, Joanne") | Krakens | Loci (of spelling: see also "Spell diagrams") | Moon, the (see also "Lunar Heritage Area") | Names (in the Speech) | Overshadowing | Pigs and Fishes (see "Pig, Transcendent"; "Koi"; "Oracular Sentients") | Quark-level dissociator | Retrieval spells | Shapechange (techniques for, theory of, dangers of prolonged, many other affiliated topics: see also "Transformation", et al) | Thrastles | ur'Senaahel | Vampire cabs | Worldgating (techniques, protocols, established complexes, many other categories) | Xenomagia | Ysen | Zoomantics

...and these are only a small sampling of hundreds of characters, places and topics that the Concordance will be covering. ...Worried that DD might miss something important? You can nominate a topic if you like. Anyone submitting a topic which is eventually used in the published version of the Concordance will be acknowledged in the book.

E-mail your suggestions to concordance@youngwizards.com

Please only send topics, such as "temporospatial claudication" or "the Playroom" or "What wizards do for fun". Do not send complete entries: for legal reasons, DD can't read them, and they will be discarded.
                                Huh. Funny. Timeheart's not on the list. Or subway tokens. Or...
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X