No announcement yet.

The age at which a wizard is offered the Oath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read the Feline Wizards books, but I see what you're saying. also, daryl had the Silence, which others couldn't really "hear" at all without being inside of him...i was wondering if, with some wizards, another wizard was told to offer them the Oath. I don't know how well that would work, though...
    I'm crying cuz things aren't how
    they used to be
    she said,
    "The battle's almost won
    and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Ronan didnt memorize the manuel. there never was a manuel for him. I mean of course he's memorized the simple stuff but Nita haas too. If I remember it right in my book anyway i think that he get some of his "words",like the manuel, from the air.
      Dai stiho cousins
      ~~~Ezra

Comment

Kinda like the part where right before Nita and Ronan kissed, Nita said that she heard something, like when she was a whale , when the sea gives you information.
        Dai stiho cousins
        ~~~Ezra

Comment

As far as I can remember Ronan learnt the simple spells off by heart like Nita and Kit but also I'm sure he mentioned a way to expand his mind and subcontouchly download all the spells he needs! sort of a spell to hold other spells in his head! like the cats do in the feline wizard novels! they have a special spell that allows them to carry more than the average number of spells in their head!
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

WRR, no double posts, please. You can edit your previous post and add on new comments. You posted only minutes after the first!

The manual contains pretty much the same information as everything else; the difference is how the wizards receive it, what they receive, and how it's organized.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Now to the original topic, I think it is because, a belief is not set in a person at that age. I'm fourteen and I still believe that anything is possible. Some people may start later if they can keep their beliefs in anything being possible. Also I think that young children are not offered the Oath, because they do not really understand the concept of death, so they would take unnecessary risks, or they might get bored with wizardr and give up or stop doing it. Though if a massive threat from the Lone One, in all of its personifications, appeared, the young people that don't grasp the concept of death, and therefore his power, could be the only hope since his powers could actually not even affect them.

Comment

Some people were talking about how the children were more apt to break the rules....not true!

Spoiler:<span class="ev_code_WHITE">In one of the books, Wizards Alone I think, Tom and Carl are talking about to Nita's dad that the adults were more likely to break the rules. Yep yep. Thats what they said!</span>
                "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

The YoungWizards.com site has an interesting entry in the Errantry Concordance about a wizard who was older than usual before he accepted the Oath (and presumably before being first offered it).

However, he was the sort of person who did something because he didn't know it was impossible.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hey Josh, I'm with you. I'm not going to stop believing eather!
                    "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
                    "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

I won't stop believing either!
                      "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

I think that most wizards are chosen around 10-....um....maybe 17 at most? Because thats when they believe that something might still happen while still developing a sense of being an adult. It also means they can grow up with their wizardry and become different as adults then they would if they hadnt had wizardry at all.

Hey! I can still be a wizard! I'm still 14! I only have a few months left till 15! GAH! Must..take...oath.... I would seriously jump at the chance to be a wizard. I've always wanted to be one..

O.o Im using too many big words...brain cannot process. >.<
                        Forest

Comment

Hey PM that page has changed alot since i last remember it!! Is it the same one thats on the youngwizards main web site?? or is it a new one? great article though
                          Fox
                          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

DD has changed the system she's using for the Concordance - didn't you see any of the comments about her changing to the wiki format, or were they all on her Out of Ambit blog?

It's the same basic article, though DD may have rewritten parts of it since she originally wrote it.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I agree with yall to. I'm 14 and I still believe in stuff I'm 'not supposed to'. Like magic. Heh, and they tell me I'm mature. Anyways, I believe I posted my views on the subject somewhere at the beginning a long time ago. I will have to look later cause I have to go but I will look one of these days!
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                              **Neets**
                              CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I know I'm definitely not as open-minded about things as I used to be. I mean, school, all of that... It's almost like I hardly have any time to think about things differently from what's the best way to get through. I've been trained to get things done without doing all the work I can do. You can be an overacheiver and not go over the top. Y'know what I mean? It's hard to explain, but it caries over outside of school. I learn to live one way, and eventually everything else will be pushed out.

And to make it a little broader, I'll bring in religion. We used to all have our own theories about how thing worked that deviated from whatever religions my friends and I followed. But now... I've settled down? I can't imagine a world _with_ a god as I'm sure others can't imagine a world without and without how it's described at church/ bible or mosque/ koran, synogogue/ torah. But then, all of those could be divided further.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X