Just Wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering...

I only just finished the 3rd book. Until my next trip to the library I was wondering what people thought of this book. Thanks for your help

C-iv-i

-IV-
    -IV-
    Ipha
    Dai Stihò

hey

the third was one of my favs.

(it was also the the frist one i read,i know i know i shouldn't have read them out of order, but i didn't even know there was a order)

but anyway it gets better and bettter as the story goes one

KEEP THE PEACE
    :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
    Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
    A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

I like Abroad a lot, second only to Deep. It's frustrating waiting for the next chance to go to the library, isn't it?

Comment

Agreed, had to wait an extra day but I finally got the next two books. Unfortunatly I found that my library does not have the latest book. ERRR... (frusteration). Guess I'll have to get it another way. Thanks everyone

-IV-
        -IV-
        Ipha
        Dai Stihò

Comment

I hate that! I don't have a car, so i can't get around to library when i want to...(which is like everyday)

grrrr...

KEEP THE PEACE
          :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

Ugh...the only library near me is literally a tin shack.

Literally.

NEways...Abroad is my fave.

GabbyoftheMoon

"How far apart were the cars at the time of the collision?"-a lawyer

"Every man is a moon, and has a dark side he never shows anyone."-Mark Twain

"If Time has a heart, it is because all other hearts stop."-A Wizard's Dilemma
            GabbyoftheMoon

"How far apart were the cars at the time of the collision?"-a lawyer

"Every man is a moon, and has a dark side he never shows anyone."-Mark Twain

"If Time has a heart, it is because all other hearts stop."-A Wizard's Dilemma

Comment

I liked this book, but i was somewhat disappointed by this book.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*
              I was confused by some plot points. Such as why the wizards had to recreate the second battle of moytura (i.e. why history was repeating itself).

I also think the book would be better if it was written from Ronan's perspective, since he had an interesting angle, being an avatar of the One's champion.

Also, this book didn't grab me and hold me until the end like the other books except the third book. *END SPOILERS*

However, I liked how the book reflected Irish mythology. Really, I liked this book except for the plot confusion.

Comment

I would have to peacefully disagree with you, IceFlash, on some of those points. First, the book is made to be from the perspectives of Nita and Kit, and to change that 3 books into the series would be too much of a difference. This book is my favorite one of the series. This book's portrayal of Ireland alone was enough to make me persuade my mom to let our family go to Ireland for a few weeks last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aislinn:
                  I would have to peacefully disagree with you, IceFlash, on some of those points. First, the book is made to be from the perspectives of Nita and Kit, and to change that 3 books into the series would be too much of a difference. This book is my favorite one of the series. This book's portrayal of Ireland alone was enough to make me persuade my mom to let our family go to Ireland for a few weeks last summer.
                  Yeah, that was what fustrated me the most... I knew that the series would have to be written from Nita, Kit, or Darine's perspective to keep with the rest of series, but i jsut felt that it would be more interesting if Ronan was the focus of the story.

However, i do agree with you on Ireland.. it was very detailed, and made me want to visit Ireland someday, and I liked how the mythology, (the second battle of moytura is like one of main Irish or Celtic legends I believe...) was incorporated into the story.

Now, the only thing i'm confused about is why they have to recreate teh Second Battle of Moytura.. and why the dead was being reanimated...

Comment

Abroad is my favorite book out of the whole series this one is my favorite why you ask??
                    Because I like the Irish Mythology and the fact that it's in Ireland(who doesn't??)I alos like Ronan it was cool to add a differnt character to the plot

*Nita*

A Truth that's told with bad Intent, Beats all the lies you can invent
                    --William Blake

Comment

AWA was my second fav, the only one i liked more was DW. I've always liked books involving Irish myths, and Ireland itself. I recognized a few four treasures from another book,(The Hidden Land by Alison Baird), which i read before i found AWA. I thought the second battle of Moytura was well done, and it was good to see a new character, Ronan.

Comment

A Wizard Abroad is my favorite out of the series. I just thought it was awesome.

But I do have one question: Did Ronan die? I'm not really sure, because it didn't really come right out and say whether he was dying from trauma, or forgot all about it, or what.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee

Comment

:O Ronan definitely didn't die! Definitely! he was fine- Peach is just sort of sticking around inside his head. You might be a bit confused- if you're thinking about Biddy, I know what you mean. There were lots of "probably she'll die"s, but nothing ever really came out and said, Oh no, she's dead. For all we know, she could have up and walked out of the hospital one day. However, I think it's slightly unlikely.

What might have happened, though, was that Biddy died, but moved on to another job as a Power- I don't think they really die very often. (I mean, look how long it's been that people have tried to get rid of the Lone One, and all to no avail, although they seem to have killed him in one or another form from time to time, such as at the end of Book of Night with Moon.) You get the sense that, sure, you can kill the envelope, the package if you like, but not what's inside it. I'm really not sure... Hmm. On a strange note, what do you think happened to her forge? I bet she didn't make a will...
                          Probably Johnny has it.
                          ka kite
                          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          STRESSING
                          She Who Is Supposed To be in Three or Four Places At Once every Lunchtime for the Next Two Weeks.
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Abroad and Alone were both awesome and they were in some way non-fictional. I like to learn things from books, like about Ireland. I thought it was so cool how DD described everything in that one.

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
                            -Walter Kerr

Comment

i liked support your local wizard

Comment

Working...
                              X