No announcement yet.

Just Wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yeah, somebody else has seen it! I thought they were the only ones in the series until I ran across Abroad in the local library! Man, was I ecstacic.

--Dai Stihó

Yes, Yes, I know... I missed the chat.

Comment

*Evil SpellCheck Appears Out Of Nowhere* ecstatic, I think you'll find.
      Eheh. And I have a feeling I've seen Support, but don't know where... oh well.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I got my copy of Support from the Science Fiction Book Club. Don't like the cover much but it's nice to have all three in one place.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Science Fiction Book Club is the only way to get one, I think. Almost every time I looked in the catalog for a few years, there it was. I never could afford it, though.

--Dai Stihó

Yes, Yes, I know... I missed the chat.

Comment

yeah i know dosent that suck i thought the same thing

Comment

Another good book is the Book of Night WIth Moon, the first book in Diane Duane's feline wizard series. i just finished it the other day. By the way, is there any online bookstore that sells the Door Into Fire? Boarder's says it is always out-of-stock and/or out-of-print.

Comment

You can find a one-volume copy of the first and second Door books at Amazon.com. Other than that, you might try used book stores. I tend to see them pop up every so often. Don't be put off by the covers...

Comment

What are those books about? Anything to do w/ YW?

Jen26
                  "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

The Door books? No. They're a universe entirely of Ms. Duane's invention, quite different from the YW books but equally as good. They are written more for an adult audience, if one may make that distinction; the characters are adults, anyway. Classic sword & sorcery in a sense, but nothing cliched. If you like dragons...

Comment

Thanx! I love dragons. Have you ever read Heart's Blood and the rest of the trilogy (by Jane Yolen)? It's really good.

Jen26
                      "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Yep. Not in some time, but yes. I enjoy them but they're not my favorites; too much of a change between the first and the third, I think.

Comment

Hmm...I know how you feel having to wait to get to the library. It took me almost a week after finishing the 3rd book to get my mom to take me. Well, I just went yesterday. I'm almost done with the book. I must say that at first, it didn't hook me into the book. I was getting bored with it and didn't read that much, but it's starting to get more intresting and it's starting to pull me in a little more. I can't wait to finish it...except out of all the libraries in my city, there's only 1 copy of the 5th book. And it's out...figures...

Comment

I'd say A Wizard Abroad is my second favorite book out of the four. It's probably because I love Irish culture so much. My first favorite would have to be Deep Wizardry.

Comment

my favorite book is probably the first one, and then the sixth one.

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

i really like this one. but it isn't my favorite, my favorite is a wizard alone and deep. this one runs close though, real close.

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                                Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

Working...
                                X