No announcement yet.

The man at the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, well, this topic is now a Doctor Who Fan Club. I didnt even know who Dr. Who was until I read this topic. I didnt even know it excisted! And after all I have heard about it I have no idea what its about.. Oh well.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• PM - Eccleston is now on radio. He should have stuck with Dr. Who.

Nita - If you want to know even more about Dr. Who and get some ideas of which ones you would like to watch check out www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho
      click on classic serise for the old stuff or just stick with the latest serise.
      Also, what you just said gave me the idea for a new foundation: the Doctor is the man at the bar foundation. Is anyone willing to join?

Comment

• The other online Doctor Who resource I've found (which has full plot synopses for all the episodes ever) is http://www.gallifreyone.com.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by nitafan211:
          Wow, well, this topic is now a Doctor Who Fan Club. I didnt even know who Dr. Who was until I read this topic. I didnt even know it excisted! And after all I have heard about it I have no idea what its about.. Oh well.
          *giggles* Neets, do you want to know what the funny thing is? Neither did I. Well, I sort of knew what it was - like I'd heard it mentioned and I knew that it was a sci fi show, but beyond that I was pretty clueless. Now I'm slightly obsessed with it .

If you want good spoiler synopsi of the new eps. Check out Wikipedia.

Oh, Earwen, can I join the The Doctor is the Man at the Bar Foundation?

Alla

Comment

• alla - ure the more people the better. There are still some members out there who are refusing to beleive that it is him. *cue dramatic music and close up of Earwen* The truth must be told!!!

Eh, I've always wanted to say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by alla:
              If you want good spoiler synopsi of the new eps. Check out Wikipedia.
              There's another Wiki, just about the series, at Tardis Wiki. I've looked at bits of it, and noted the URL for a more thorough reading.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Rereading this topic, I came across this.

PM a couple of pages back:
                Now the question is - where's the photo from Smile ? The story Castrovalva?
                I've just been watching Castrovalva, as the ABC is starting to show it, well, is halfway through it now, and there's no celery - not yet anyway.

UPDATE: He doesn't put the celery on his collar til right at the very end - after he's out of the castle.
                Alla

Comment

• PM: When I saw that, I originally thought it said: ******** wiki. And I was like: huh?

I am now interested in Doctor Who. I had a 'choose your own adventure' book (yes, one of those) a LONG time ago. a.k.a. 6 years ago. Which isn't that long. And it was about the Doctor and his TARDIS. Read it later. Finished it, and left it on the shelf to decompose.

Ack. Whenever I do that, my books somehow disappear into another dimension, or turn invisible, or something.

*goes to find out more about the Doctor*

Comment

• Ok... Three (or is it four) stories later, I think I may have figured out which episode the Concordance picture comes from. I have googled for it several times, and the picture itself is quite common. It seems to actually be a publicity still that has no copyright on it so yes... I believe it to be from 'The Visitation' now, as the architecture in the background seems to match. I should be able to confirm this <STRIKE>earlier</STRIKE> (AH! What am I thinking)... later when I can find a copy of it on DVD.

Alla

Comment

Random thought that I just had: The Doctor didn't have his companions with him when he ran into Dairine? ... lol Or is it that they're just not mentioned?
                      Oh dear God. Dairine, before she's had a bit of a chance to mellow? In the same room with Adric ? The mind boggles.

Comment

• Welcome back lilly

hehe that is an interesting thought, though XD. My mind isn't boggling... its rolling around on the floor laughing... I hope its not picking up too much fluff...

Comment

Welcome back lilly
                          Thank you!

hehe that is an interesting thought, though XD. My mind isn't boggling... its rolling around on the floor laughing...
                          As is mine! *G* I think the Muse has been hitting the sauce again. Because it's getting done. A friend and I were talking about it on AIM, and it's getting done.

I hope its not picking up too much fluff...
                          Do you write? Fluff breeds plot bunnies after all...

Comment

• Yello.
                            Um, what was this post orinalnally about? Just wondering..Oh right the man at thr bar. wasnt that in umm HW? I think he was and he helped Dairine get on her way? Wasnt he like non alien? Me is off topic i think..Okay byebye. Sorry lol..
                            Tori
                            Love and be loved

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilly:
                              As is mine! *G* I think the Muse has been hitting the sauce again. Because it's getting done. A friend and I were talking about it on AIM, and it's getting done.
                              ooo.. can you send me a copy?

Do you write? Fluff breeds plot bunnies after all...
                              I try to write. Usually if I have an idea, I don't have much trouble getting it down on paper (or pixels) except for time.. and spending too much time chatting.

Tori:
                              This post was originally about the "Man at the Bar" in High Wizardry as the title and location of it would suggest. If you have a look at the Concordance entry for "Man at the bar, the" and do a google image search for "the fifth doctor" you might just find the same image. Its a little fan reference, that got a bit off topic. And attracted me to watching Doctor Who.

*thwacks the thread* its your fault that my book collection is being taken over by Doctor Who stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X