DD's top 10 lines from GWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD's top 10 lines from GWP

The Simsyourmeantell.suchthatThatso much like Roshaun...)
    Last edited by Rae Silvera; October 12, 2014, 02:34:25 PM. Reason: Italics got taken out for some reason... Re-added 'em in for effect :P
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
    Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
    I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Of course, for all we know, Penn gets some pretty good lines, too. XD
    And I look forward to seeing number 7 in context as well. ^_^
    As for who says what... I think I see Nita, Kit, Dairine, possibly Roshaun, maybe Darryl? And Penn and Mehrnaz (Quote 4 may be an exchange between her and Dairine. Not sure: I can stand being wrong here. ^^). Other than that, who knows? \o/

Comment

So many of these could work as good Penn or Mehrnaz lines that its much harder for me than in AWOM to make guesses.
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

(10) first made me think of which species invoking chocolate... maybe as an equivalent to "I'd like it to rain money every day", but somehow the fact that it's doughnuts suggests otherwise.
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Carmela for 7, Nita for 6. for 3 I'm thinking Kit or Dairine
          Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
          --sabriel

Comment

Originally posted by wen View Post
            Carmela for 7, Nita for 6. for 3 I'm thinking Kit or Dairine
            3 made me think of Roshuan - but now you say it, I can so hear Dairine saying it!
            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

10 made me think of Darryl right off the bat, but now that I think about it... the tone could belong to any of 'em. :P

Theoretically, you could probably think of Penn's voice as a (kinda-sorta-not-really close) copy of Roshaun's. So... between the two of them (on the off chance that Roshaun returns in GWP [PLEASE DO!! We miss you Ro--]), I'm gonna say they could very well be the voices behind 6, 4, 3, and/or even 2. (But to me, 4 sounds a lot like Nita.)

Either way, from what I get out of DD's posts on GWP is that there are going to be a whole lot of new characters dumped into the Invitational, so I'm going to hazard saying that quite a few of these lines will go to them.
              Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.

Comment

I count six quotes with italics (including the italics for a book title, and italics that appeared twice in one quote).

Sarcasm, much?

I'm not opposed... I wonder how many of these quotes are from our new characters. I hope a lot of them. (I'll just hazard a guess and say that the more sarcastic ones come from the Americans: but whether that's Kit, Nita, or Penn I have no idea.) I especially like #7.

If we can't have Roshaun back yet, I kinda wanna get a glimpse of his mom and dad. (I could see #3 belonging to his dad.) Dairine's scene in AWoM with him really intrigued me...

Comment

Is it just me, or does 8 sound like the Lone Power a little bit?

Comment

Originally posted by The White Falcon View Post
                    ... does 8 sound like the Lone Power a little bit?
                    Actually, I think line 8 is in fact the LP's. At least, based off the GWP sample DD posted here.

Comment

Working...
                    X