Wouldn't it be cool if DD made Nita and Kit Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: No, it would not. Firstly, the books are designed to be a coming of age for these characters. It'd kind of undermine the whole point of the books (that is, Nita and Kit growing up along with growing into their wizardry) by having them skip the growing up part and becoming a power. I can relate to geeky kids who like reading and use science in new ways. I can't really relate to people who become Powers. And Nita and Kit are explicitly designed to be relatable to their target audience.

Additionally ... man. I'm quite attached to the characters we have. I wouldn't want one of them to die in order to power that miracle. Especially as it would probably have to be either Kit or Nita in order for the other to ascend. That'd suck.

Comment

Stranger in a Strange Land

Originally posted by Sean L. View Post
      That being said, the idea of them turning into Powers doesn't turn my stomach as much as it has some other people in the top - it made me think of Stranger in a Strange Land , rather, where the protagonist is alluded to being a superior being after he passes beyond the mortal coil.
      He was the Angel Michael from the beginning. He just was living as a human until his death. This is the same thing as happened with Machu Picchu/Peach who was the the "Champion in a Bird Suit" - In this case an Angel in a Human Suit. If you check the end of the book (either version if I remember) this is stated - Michael had been missing for a while and is now back.

Comment

I don't know about powers, but it might be interesting if they surpassed human state, as the final note for the books. Not so much so that they fell out of touch with all their friends though :P

I think some people missed two points, a) everyone dies, including DD, eventually the series WILL end. b) if we are talking about the last book then there won't be any more adventures no matter what state they end the series in.
        There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

More Young Wizard Books are possible

Originally posted by zilvox View Post

I think some people missed two points, a) everyone dies, including DD, eventually the series WILL end. b) if we are talking about the last book then there won't be any more adventures no matter what state they end the series in.
          A number of authors (such as Agatha Christie) wrote a series ending novel which was then stored to be published after their death to end their series and wrap up their character's lives.

Also, some series have been continued (with the permission of the author's estate) after the author's death so more stories in a series can be possible. In other cases, a partly written novel is completed by another author or a novel is written from the author's partial notes.

I am not saying that either will occur with young wizards but only pointing out that the situation is not as Black and White as the above quote makes it seem.

Comment

Working...
          X