Wouldn't it be cool if DD made Nita and Kit Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be cool if DD made Nita and Kit Powers

What if DD made Nita and Kit powers. I mean after those who serve the powers become the powers. Don't you wish she would make Nita and Kit powers in the last book.
    Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Yello.
    Personaly i dont think i would like it if DD made Nita and Kit Powers that Be. I think it wouldnt be as cool. And also then they wouldnt go on call. (At least i think so.) And who wants a "Last book" I sure dont.lol. And if they would turn into Powers they would have to be old, right? I just dont think it would be cool for them to be like that.
    Dai All.
    Tori
    Love and be loved

Comment

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I mean, that would kind of end the series. I mean, what kind of adventure could they have as powers? It really wouldn't be that fun.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I agree, it would sort of wreck it all if they became Powers. The Powers seem really.... I don't know... They don't seem like something Nita and Kit would fit into.

Comment

I dunno, what I DO know is that if it happened. the LP would be pretty pissed. XD
          Oops

Comment

That's been like my YW dream, since, like, I read the first book. I think that if something like this happened, or something of the sort, it would be sooo dang cool. >_<

I'm not so sure about anything happening to Kit of this sort, but as for Nita... it's actually rather possible. Maybe it's just been me, but I've always been so obsessed with the idea of Neets become a Power or sorts, so at every mention or hinting, I always noticed, even before DD made a bigger point of it. As an example, when Nita's power levels are going UP instead of down, she seemed most uneffected in book eight when everyone else's powers were going and gone, her abilities, and the fact that she can sense "Kernals" and such, in a way, seems godly (I mean, she's controlling the heart of a world...)

I don't think that Nita and Kit should be made actual Powers That Be, but like Saash from The Book of Night With Moon cat-wizards series, she got a "Tenth Life." If feline wizards can live on after death and become something "more," then shouldn't humans have something else of a similar sort?? It makes sense. Saash was good wizard, but in my opinion Nita has done even more and so much better, so the chance for her moving on, maybe after death, seems even greater.

It's true that the series wouldn't be the same if this were to happen though, because an immortal can't die or really be wounded, so it wouldn't be the same or anything. But if this were to happen at the END of YW.... I'm all for it, maybe a bit more than that. ^_~ I just really hope DD actually plans on something of the sort...

Comment

It'd sorta take something from the books, cause Nita and Kit are sorta cool cause they arent all powerful. Givin the that kind of thing would screw them up.
              Ben, the Perkigoth
              Tall, dark, and drop dead handsome (jk)

Comment

there's no law that says you have to be old to be a power....not that I want them to be one........I mean, who cares if the lone powers mad or not if nita and kit aren't there to fight it off? or at least shove it's face in it.....
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Their are many hints that made me think of this topic. For one thing the books always talk about Nita more than Kit. Also in the last book Nita was like the only one who was able to talk to the perdexic. Also at the end of the book The Lone Power said wizardry may live forever but will you. Then Nita asked the perdexic well will I. The the perdexic was like lets go find out. Also either Nita or Tom or Carl said this the Hesper will show again and each time getting more powerful. (not sure if exact words). Plus Nita always seems to mostly do almost everything or everything seems to happen to Nita. So I think Nita has a better chance.
                  Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

hmm, interesting...... i'm not sure about nita being a hesper, but i'd say there's a pretty good chance she and kit will become powers. remember, in the end of High Wizardry, the one's champion says lot's of stuff about how they'd become higher then them, but everyone would be happy.... has any one already brought this up?
                    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Well, Nita and Kit don't have to become Powers in the books. In fact, that would be a little strange. They've got a long ways to go before anything like that. I mean...Tom and Carl have been working for a lot longer and dealt with a lot more. So Nita and Kit still have a lot to learn and do. And I'm not sure becoming a Power usually happens during a mortal lifetime.

Having said that, there's that quote:

"Those who refuse to serve the Powers
                      become the tools of the Powers.
                      Those who agree to serve the Powers
                      Themselves become the Powers."

If Nita and Kit continue on and serve the Art the rest of their lives--which seems pretty likely--they're likely to continue on in that service after their deaths. When they'll have the chance to learn and develop everything they didn't have the time or opportunity to in mortality. And eventually, they'll have learned and grown so much that they will be Powers indeed, however far off that might seem at the present time.

Oh, and I wouldn't like to compare Nita and Kit when it comes to this kind of thing. Nita's done lots of good, of course. But so has Kit. How are we supposed to judge what seemingly small or great acts of service really have the most impact? Or the kind of character or courage it might take for two different people to do the same act of goodness? So it isn't really simple. Frankly, I think both of them have done a great job. And it's no fair anyway...Nita is the main character, so of course everything's going to happen to her and we won't see as much of Kit's challenges.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

*cheers lamarquise on*
                        all very good points.
                        still, I think they are a little different then your average wizard just working day by day. they've done huger stuff than any one, that we've heard of at all, short of the powers.

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

It certainly seems to me like the Seniors and such are keeping a close eye on those two. Not just Tom and Carl, either (who would anyway because they live around the corner). The other kids on the moon seemed to have heard about them too: "Are you the kids who did the Song of the Twelve?" "you're messing up the statistics" (I'm at work so I can't look up accurate quotes). It seems to me that everyone but Nita and Kit have figured out or suspect that there is something special about them. They're sort of wandering around blissfully unaware that the things they have done were remarkable, and that everyone is remarking about those things behind their backs. It's quite amusing, really.

Comment

true. i agree. it's kind of amusing, and also kinda fun, like you have a nice secret that they'll find out some time. Some wizards are kind of jealus, or something, i think. remember that senior in ireland? "It's nice start.... if you and your partner survive." it seemed kind of cold, to me. So I think it's a possibility,but maybe we wo't find out about it.

Comment

I guess that's an interesting preposition, but it can only happen when DD feels that there's nothing more to do with them, otherwise it's sort of like killing them off prematurely. Also DD said that something weird's happening with Nita, what with the peridexis effect and her power level going the wrong way. I think it unlikely that the same thing will end up happening to both of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X