No announcement yet.

Is this the best YW book ever or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can safely say that this is my *favorite* if you could call it that. Except that AWoM came out, and every time there's a new one it's my "new favorite" for a year or so afterwards. But DW is the one that I can read, again and again, and it still haunts me. Maybe it's something to do with the singing aspect, but the writing itself is flowing and lyrical and ... haunting. And when my Lit teacher asked what is our favorite poem I said the Song of the Twelve. (... So rage, proud Power, fail again, and see my blood teach Death to die!!)

But then, I like ALL of the books for different , individual reasons... so I vote "don't make me choose."I am obsessed with the Song though.
    ~LifeSong

Comment

This is probably really awful, but what kills me about DW is the suspense. Props to Diane Duane for her ability to make me bite my nails every time I read it! Much prefer the less suspenseful ones like A Wizard Abroad, it's much more relaxing. In DW, Nita's life is really specifically in danger and I'm more likely to skip around to find out what happens rather than enjoy it as it was meant to be read.

Comment

Working...
      X