Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Personally, I think "sockyopath" is a perfectly good attempt at pronouncing sociopath. After all, books very rarely tell you how to prononuce words. It took me a long time to figure out how to pronounce "idiot" (my mind kept blanking out the second 'i'). I was unable to equate with the word that I heard. (Which was gerenally prononuced 'id-yut' where I come from, so can you blame me).
    Hmmm... now I think I;m rambling, so I'll stop here"

Yeah, I had no Idea what 'bacon' was when I read The Hobbit

Comment

Sockyopath... Interesting. *grins* I like that.

This reminds me of something my sister said to me once. I had just corrected her on something an innocent (NOT) 12 year old couldn't possibly understand, and she decided to call me an oxymoron.

I have never laughed so hard in my life. She kept asking me "What? What? What did I say?" but I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell her.

Ahhh, memories.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

I like coke for other reasons (SUGAR!!!!!!) but yeah, that's one of them... coke does support a lot of local stuff, which is good.

Heh. Oxymoron.
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

*snorts* All of the above, or none, depending.
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Comment

Obviously you do.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Rysade- I also think i'm missing that 'brand' of insanity. What were u talking about again? I get sooooo confused after a while. Somehow everyone (including me) gets off topic so easily, i think its funny

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
                  - Serena

Comment

I always use Barnum Brand insanity. It's guaranteed not to turn pink in the can. Plus, it spreads like cream cheese.

To be wise, learn foolishness. To be strong, learn weakness. To know joy, learn sorrow.
                    Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
                    Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

Working...
                    X