A Wizard of Mars Kindle Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wizard of Mars Kindle Version

AWoM is now out in a Kindle version. North American readers, check the link here at Amazon:

Amazon.com: A Wizard of Mars eBook: Diane Duane: Kindle Store

If you are not based in North America, the book is also available in Kindle/.mobi format from DD's online bookstore at this link:

A Wizard of Mars, International Edition (no DRM, no Amazon international surcharge)

Or you can use this link at Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: A Wizard of Mars, International Edition (Young Wizards)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; July 29, 2011, 03:15:06 PM. Reason: new info
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Ooooh, shiny!

Is it ever going to be sold as a PDF or other alternative eBook formats?
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by kk View Post
      Ooooh, shiny!

Is it ever going to be sold as a PDF or other alternative eBook formats?
      I gather from DD that the publisher will be doing other formats, but I'm not sure what they're going to be. She hadn't been told that the Kindle version was coming: I think somebody Tweeted her about it.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Dissapointed in ebook quality

I just bought this a couple of hours ago (don't ask how...), and I have to say I'm very dissapointed.

Not in the story - I'm enjoying that so far - but the quality of the ebook itself leaves much to be desired.

To be brutally honest, it's one of the worst commercial ebooks (of a newly released book) I've ever come across. There's spelling mistakes. There's wonky letter spacing. Heck, the Table of Contents still has the print page numbers...
        And I'm only up to the fourth chapter!!

Most (all?) of these issues could have been avoided if someone had bothered to proofread the file before it was uploaded.

This is a screenshot snippet of a page in the first chapter that shows what I mean. (I was using the Kindle for PC app).

I hope someone can pass my feedback on to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and/or DD.

Comment

I noticed that, too (picked it up yesterday). Send feedback to Amazon directly and they can forward the comments to the publisher for a fix.

Fortunately, it doesn't impair reading in any way ... even if it is annoying. At least the book isn't in the awful Topaz format, which is horrid (fonts are overridden, your spacing/character size settings, etc. are ignored).

You can also delete and re-download the book in the future if a new version is released -- but before you do, make sure it's still available. There have been rare cases when a book is removed from sale in the Kindle store.
          -----
          Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
          "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

Working...
          X