Excerpt typos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excerpt typos?

Do that in such a way that Darryl buys into the rewrite, and you take the risk of excising something that maked the difference between hiim passing his Ordeal, and him never coming out of it.

I'm fairly certain that the word that should have been used is makes. Was this just a typo in the transcription, or a minor error in the excerpt itself?

Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
    -- The Book of Forgotten Things
    Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
    Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Originally posted by Caledonian:
    _Do that in such a way that Darryl buys into the rewrite, and you take the risk of excising something that _maked_ the difference between hiim passing his Ordeal, and him never coming out of it._

I'm fairly certain that the word that should have been used is _makes_. Was this just a typo in the transcription, or a minor error in the excerpt itself?
    The excerpt was cut-'n'-pasted from Diane's Word file of the second draft of ...Alone, which suggests it's a typo. The poorfreaders will have caught it at the galley stage, I'd assume.

Lee / Forum Administrator
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Kit's last name has been spelled "Rodriguez" since the first book. In the excerpt, it was spelled "Rodrigues." Twice. C'mon, I've been forgiving of Dairine's ever-changing age, but names are important, as we all know. I hope this was just a double typo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Comment

it was also spelled Rodrigue in SYWTBAW

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
        -Walter Kerr

Comment

There is a thread that discusses the possible reason for Kit's name change(s) over in "The Nitpickery," if you're interested.

Squash

Comment

Who cares about typos? I for one know what it's supposed to say, why scream at the typists?

Don't have a cow, peoples, and if you do let's name it Petunia

Perry, the odd

Comment

Working...
            X