Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rather be based as a wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...I voted for elsewhere, but like some others, I'd really rather not be based anywhere specific. Ireland and England sound great, and I already live in the US, but it'd be much more fun (in my opinion) to travel through the universe all the time. I don't see how so many people in so many different systems would need my help so badly, but maybe the Powers would think differently.
    I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

I don't see how so many people in so many different systems would need my help so badly, but maybe the Powers would think differently.
      That's my notion! Wizards can be thought of as answers to a specific problem - on Ordeal particularly but in general too - in some way Nita and Kit are the answers to the question of what to do with a bunch of trees that don't get along. Right? So, there are a lot of problems in the Universe - probably there'd be a lot more I could do close to home, but the Universe is a big place - I'm sure there'd be lots elsewhere, too.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

hmm...Ireland is my main choice, with maybe a side visit to Wales. After that, Japan or Germany. I bet the Black Forest would be great for all kinds of wizardly exploration.
        -Swingline
        Swingline-"I learn by going where I have to go"

Comment

i suppose being based no where in general would be alright...but on the other hand, after a life time i've moving, i'd like to actually Settle DOWN for once! and since I STILL can't pick the island from my stories (if it was REALLY the island from my stories, magic would work differently, which eliminates it as a choice) i'd still rather be in the U.S. i know best....with maybe the occasional trip elsewhere. *Grins*
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

See location. I wonder what satellites hear?

...Although I suppose I can't really be based in hard vacuum, so somewhere off planet, or Canada.
            /~*|=|*~\

Comment

In terms of how you'd get the information, I think anyone who knows me here would be able to guess I'd want a computer based manual. I would have to say that Spot is my favourite character, and that along with my interest in both computers in general and fictional computers with a human personality (cough Heinlein's cough), I would be most interested with that.

The other part of based is just purely off of where I'd want to be. I am from the US and would most likely think that it'd be good to help here. At the same time I can't deny that I'd be interested in moving to Europe. In terms of a problem to solve there are enough of those everywhere that I'd be able to find somewhere to fit in it feels like.

So, I would most likely say US, though that's iffy, because of the fact that I'm from here. Of course travel would be a good thing, both within this planet and outside, but I can't imagine being based anywhere but my old New England homeland.
              We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

I want to be based in Seattle, because I miss it, but also because I want to use wizardry to prevent or mitigate the effects of The Big One that's going to happen when the Seattle Fault finally lets loose.
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

William - you could live somewhere else, and commute to LEO every morning? I bet there'd be plenty of uses for a good technowizard.

I want to use wizardry to prevent mitigate the effects of The Big One that's going to happen when the Seattle Fault finally lets loose.
                  Yeah, if I wasn't offplanet, I'd be in my hometown Wellington doing the same thing...
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I chose the USA because I like the casual approach to wizardry there, and how although things look still and calm, they heat up in moments (to the wizards' annoyance). Besides... I live there! Why leave your true home?

On second thought, maybe I should have chosen the Motherboard, where Gigo lives. Think of the technology there, and all they do for the universe. Besides the Moon and Mars (which may be denied or taken back after AWOM), this is the only offplanet base I could think of. (Well, the Crossings came up, but would you really like to work under Sker'ret's dad, the Stationmaster?)

Japan and Ireland I think I'd go only on vacations... Although, look at Nita's and think of the heaps of trouble she gets in there (DW, AWAB, WH, and other school vacations). Why I wouldn't work there full time? Ireland has all those old feelings of the land and huge cataclysms that follow them, and Japan has so many troubles I'd get overwhelmed.

And no, I won't consider even the Sea. (bbbrrrr. It's cold in the Pacific.)

Comment

maybe i'll go to california and try to stop it from tumbling into the ocean...*would have to talk to friends though considering how much help i'd need* still, it would be cool to save my home state, even if my home state would never get to know it had been saved. and the problem with the motherboard, is, while it's great for visits, it would be kinda lonely being the only human...
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

California is not falling into the ocean!!!! I live there, I should know but cali would be a fun place to be based in...there's all kinds of problems here...
                        Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

heh... the amusing thing is that it actually _is_ falling into the pacific its just taking a looong time (non-geologically speaking) to do it

Alla

Comment

I"m FROM california, and i didn't believe it either! i don't want my home state at the botom of an ocean! that's just eviL! unfortunately its true...stupid transformer fault...*grumbles* At least, i think that's waht's causing it...ah well. either way, it's why i want to be a wizard there: to try to stop it! not that i could, most likely, but it feels good to TRY.

Comment

I voted Ireland even though I'm from the U.S. I like how the wizards there get their information from the data base. I do have to admit that the U.S. would be my second choice seeing as that's where I'm from.
                              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I said Japan because I'm like three-quarters Japanese, and it would be kind of cool to be based there. Although I wish I new how they get their wizardry... But since I live in the U.S. I think it be nice to stay here too. Maybe Japan and other places would be great for like vacations and stuff.
                                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Working...
                                X