Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rather be based as a wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rather be based as a wizard?

Wizardy has it's ups and downs everywhere. Everyone gets their information in a different format, does their wizardry in a different way. How would you most like to do yours?
    US
    60.00%
    Ireland
    40.00%
    Japan
    0.00%
    Under the sea
    0.00%
    Somewhere else which I will put in my comment
    0.00%
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

You left out Australia

But cool poll. So US is the manual, ireland is the knowledge thingy, I can remember how the sea wizards got their infomation, but not what it was called. How do the Japanese wizards get theirs?

Comment

I understand somewhat how this is about how you would want to practice wizards regularly, but I'd prefer to take another avenue.

I am happier with the journey, and would want to experience them all. Experience is the essence of learning and I'd be happy discovering the nuance of each for myself.

Comment

I think it'd be rather fun to be a wizard and live in the city I live in right now. To me at least, there seems like a lot of "fun" stuff I could do with wizardry; also, who doesn't like to be based on home turf?

Besides that, in some areas, my city needs some serious help, which a wizard could probably do.

Comment

I picked Ierland for many reasons. One is because there is a GREAT bunch of libraries there, also because of the fact that it takes carefull planing and brains to function over there and I would love to date Ronan (meaning people like him.)

Comment

Ireland, Japan, and the sea are all awesome places, but I would want to be a wizard in the US. For one thing, I was born here. For another thing...the US definitely needs all the help it can get. More people = more problems, not to mention we've got pretty much every type of landscape here. Oceans, mountains, deserts, grassy plains, nearly endless forests...I think it'd be so much fun being an American wizard. A lot of work, maybe, but fun too. (For one thing, think of all the money you could save traveling from place to place! Instead of paying thousands of dollars in airfare or gas, you could just pop in and out where ever you were needed/wanted to go. Pretty sweet if you ask me.)

Although...if I had to choose one place to visit as a wizard...I would go to the Crossings. A lot. For one thing, I love aliens. For another thing, I love airports. (I realize the Crossings is much more than just an airport, but the basic premise is the same) I could spend hours just watching people interact with each other, not to mention traveling to other planets whenever I got bored. (If I ever got bored. Not likely.)
            The Dead Robots' Society - A podcast for writers, by writers
            Subscribe today at www.deadrobotssociety.com

Comment

i voted U.S....i'd REALLY rather be doing it on the island i created for my stories, but if i'm THERE then magics going to be working CONSIDERABLZ different! *looks* HOLZ SMOKES! The z butten is the y button...and that was supposed to be the other waz around! *Glares at kezboard for messing me up* (is being serious) anzwazs, since that seems a bit out there even for us, i[d rather be in mz home state....(WHAT{S WRONG WITH THIS KEZBOARD! THE ' is {and the braket (corners Right is @) Somethings gone insane!)
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Ah, when keyboards attack. *grins* I voted to be based in Ireland because I really like the way magic is so common there. Everything is magical and ancient and beautiful and...well, you catch my drift. And I would love to live in Ireland; it's so beautiful!
                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

I would rather be staioned in England just because I'm an Anglophile. I dunno why, but, yea. Anyone else?
                  ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
                  Yes I'm a witch, deal with it! So mote it be! My other car is a broom. Blessed Be! A.D.

Comment

Love to be based in Canada- I'm not really an action oriented type of person XD Being here- it seems a lot more peaceful, although of course there will still be plenty of things to settle. Helps that I feel a deep link to the land here- even if it's all just in the blood =) Personally I'd rather do research, perhaps into the structure of the Speech itself and other linguisticy things, while building custom spells.

Of course, I wouldn't pass up travel time ^.^
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

if it's matter of people, everyone should be choosing china! *sticks by my choice however* i've had enough problems with never staying in one place longer then a year! i don't need to compound it by moving out of the country! *grins*
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I'd like to be based in Japan... East Asia has a lot of problems that I think need to be cleared up... pollution is really bad in Thailand, for example. Plus, I'd love to live in a city, and I'm kind of a Japanophile anyway. I love languages in any case, and I'm trying to learn Japanese. I could do translating work for my day job anyway and work on wizardly stuff on my time off, or as needed.
                        "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                        "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Seriously? As a wizard, I'd like either to not be based - to be a kind of peripatetic, globetrotting wizard - or to be based off-planet, like The Crossings.

The former I expect I'd have to develop some super-difficult and super-necessary skill so I'd be super-super in demand. This probably takes more natural genius that I was born with. :P But imagine how cool it would be to be based in The Crossings... to be involved in all that bustling being. Awesome. It'd be like Grand Central Station (hah.) It'd be super-fun to be a kinw of Wizard Of All Trades or something - just to be travelling round places that need wizards. 'course lots of times the local wizards would be more effective than me. And I think local wizardry like Nita and Kit practise outside the series has its charms, too.

Aw, heck. I think if I could be a wizard, I'd be pretty stoked just with that.
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Nobody's really answered the question of how wizardry is done in Japan....

Although I did vote for Japan, because I would assume (this assumption may be totally off, but) that the wizardry would be done with neat electronic gadgets... and I'm really in to those kinds of things. In fact, I bought an HP Pavilion DV2000Z and I'm really finding about a lot of things about computers, and because it's all mine I can do whatever settings I want to it, and I can experiment with it. It also goes with me everywhere... I don't walk out of my house without it, unless it's going to school. Otherwise it's always with me. This is a bit like Spot; Spot upgrades himself and goes everywhere Dairine goes, except to school. There would probably be many people like this in Japan, using computers and other gadgets as Manuals with wizardry.
                            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Quote:

As a wizard, I'd like either to not be based - to be a kind of peripatetic, globetrotting wizard - or to be based off-planet, like The Crossings.
                              ---------
                              I would rather not be based anywhere either. I think it would be fun to be based on the International Space Station, if I had to pick one place to be my HQ.
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                              X