Callahan=Cuchulain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callahan=Cuchulain?

In the pronunciation guide, it said Cuchulain was pronounced 'cuh-HULL-an' (or something like that). Doesn't that sound an awful lot like Nita's last name?
    And if it does, is it significant?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

That's a little weird. I remeber it a little. By any chance can you say what page this was on and what chapter.

Princess_nita0
    Night owl,Up till Dawn
    "You must change yourself before you change your surrondings"
    "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth cacthing?"
    "when light enters the room darkness cannot stay. The truth is the light."
    "If the truth is the light.. explore ways we can enlighten those in the dark."
    "If it is based on a lie it cannot survive"(By Yours truly

Comment

That's kind of interesting. But Nita doesn't appear to be of Irish decent...

Hillary Wan Kenobi
      The first-ever Jedi Ewok
      And proud of it...
      A physics geek
      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Glad you didn't ask me to type out the whole thing, cause it's alot.... in my book, which is the paperback, not the hardback and it's the new version, it's in the chapter at the end labeled "A Small Glossary". The entry about Cuchullain is on page 334-335. Hope this helps!

Comment

It does seem kinda wierd maybe it's just an accidental pun but I don't belive so because than I would be contradicting myself,I believe there has never been, are, or will be any accidents.Altough it may be something you don't want to happen(insightfull very am I(been wacthing to much starwars(is there such a thing?)

Princess_nita0
          Night owl,Up till Dawn
          "You must change yourself before you change your surrondings"
          "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth cacthing?"
          "when light enters the room darkness cannot stay. The truth is the light."
          "If the truth is the light.. explore ways we can enlighten those in the dark."
          "If it is based on a lie it cannot survive"(By Yours truly

Comment

Hmm, I never noticed that. Interesting indeed...

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

princess_nita0, you confuse me. It's quite possible you watch too much Star Wars. Oh well, thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Maybe Diane Duane did that on purpose...I don't know. But isn't Juanitaof Spanish descent?

You know me by now I hope,
                Perry, the Jupitarian
                Cheese!

Comment

The name Juanita is indeed Spanish/Hispanic. The jury's still out (There's a post in... the Nitpickery, I think) on whether Nita the person is Hispanic, or if her parents just liked the name.
                  Ka Kite
                  Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                  Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                  Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                  Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                  My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                  Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

Cthulhu is Irish?? Doesn't look it. All right we do have strange letter combinations but not 'Cth' like that. You only get d before t at least in modern Irish.

Granted, I don't have a copy of the book with me at the moment and I can't even remember where this came up.

Closest 'Irish' pronunciaton that I can come up with is 'K-hoo-loo'.

Sharon

Comment

Comment

Wow wonder what this could mean...

-IV-
                          -IV-
                          Ipha
                          Dai Stihò

Comment

Originally posted by Rysade:
                            Uh, Cthulhu is an interdimensional being from an H. P. Lovecraft story. He's a horror writer.
                            One of the Elder Gods is an author on the side?

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X