Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The paperback cover doesn't make sense to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The paperback cover doesn't make sense to me....

I can tell that the girl closest to the person looking at the cover is Nita. To her left is Tualha, the cat bard. The boy in the middle... I'm guessing he has to be Kit, although he doesn't really look like Kit- his face doesn't look as though it has a bit of Hispanic in it to me. Actually it seems to me as if Nita has more of a Hispanic look to her. And the girl far off to the right could be Dairine or Ronan's sister, if the boy in the middle is Ronan. If the boy in the middle is Kit, I thought that Kit was smaller than that.

I also don't have ANY idea what the ships are for....

I believe I brought this up in my first chat, and I think the majority said that the boy was Kit. It most likely is Kit based on the situation; I don't know why Ronan would have his hands around Dairine and Nita.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Uh, Eric, it might help a little if you actually referred to which cover you have. I have two different covers in my collection, and neither of them really seem to fit that description.

Alla

Comment

Originally posted by alla:
      Uh, Eric, it might help a little if you actually referred to which cover you have. I have two different covers in my collection, and neither of them really seem to fit that description.

Alla
      Sorry, I didn't realize that there was more than one version of the paperback version... I'm in the United States, I have the paperback version for the United States. It's the one where there are sailboats floating in the sky and there are three people at the lower part of the illustration- I assume Nita, Kit, and Dairine in that order from left to right, and Tualha is next to Nita's left hand.
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I thought the ships refer to the battle towards the end of the book, when huge ships come 'flying' into the battle with the lone power on one of them?? Been a while since I read that one but im sure thats what they refer to.
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Originally posted by Fox:
          I thought the ships refer to the battle towards the end of the book, when huge ships come 'flying' into the battle with the lone power on one of them?? Been a while since I read that one but im sure thats what they refer to.
          Really? I had only read it maybe a little more than a month ago, so I think I'd remember it... Then again I am reading all of the books one after another with not one night's gap... I could be forgetting some details.

What about the people? They don't make a lot of sense.

Comment

Those are the ships that are ready to pull Ireland out of place when the Stone fails, if I remember correctly...
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Yeah. It's a pretty cover image but the ships weren't much dwelt on in the books IIRC so it is a little off the wall - Balor would have been more recogniseable, but not so pretty!

I usually pretend that the person on the far right is Kit, too. Since, you know, Dairine doesn't actually go to the final battle, and all. I mean, the hair isn't that long, I've known guys with hair light that... *grin*
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Truthfully, some covers have NOTHING to do with the books at all, with characters or creatures taht aren't even in them, so i'd just be glad taht we DO have real things from the book in the cover, and leave it at that...for some reason, i seriously can't remember those ships, though! *sighs* Ah well. though weren't there ships on ronan's first adventure? or is that just a lack of memory...*shrugs*
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I was of the opinion that the cover image referenced Ronan's Ordeal, when he took in the sea to save those people from getting smooshed on the rocks. I haven't seen much of this new cover, I have them all in the last cover issues (well, the first four, anyway ) It does occur to me that the never covers are a bit more abstract (the ones since TWD came out) than the earlier ones. Those were much more literal; my copy of AWAb has Kit, Nita, and Dari with the Spear mold, Sugarloaf in the background, and assorted other things from the book.

PS- My copy smells really good, too.
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

ORDEAL! that's what the first adventure was called. i'm embarresed to say i couldn't remember...and yeah, that's waht i was just saying...i thought there were ships there, and they're the only ones i really remember, so maybe it comes from that. or maybe it's both, or they didn't have any one in particular. *Shrugs* ask D.D!
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Yeah, since it seems as though nobody really has a definite answer I think I will ask her in the next chat. That's two questions now. Hopefully I'll remember them both.

EDIT: I just remembered: I can E-mail her! I'll do it right now and post what she says to this question.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:
                        I was of the opinion that the cover image referenced Ronan's Ordeal, when he took in the sea to save those people from getting smooshed on the rocks. I haven't seen much of this new cover, I have them all in the last cover issues (well, the first four, anyway ) It does occur to me that the never covers are a bit more abstract (the ones since TWD came out) than the earlier ones. Those were much more literal; my copy of AWAb has Kit, Nita, and Dari with the Spear mold, Sugarloaf in the background, and assorted other things from the book.

I love those covers - especially the Deep Wizardry one. Every time I look at it I see some new thing that was in the story that i hadn't noticed before. And then theres the things that are hiding in other things - kinda like optical illusions. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but they're very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:

I thought that it represented Ronan's ordeal too. If I'm not mistaken he had to 'become the water' (It's been a while guys so bare with me) which was an impressive piece of wizardry from the sounds of it. I don't remember everything. I need to go look for my book.
                          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

i never knew who the three people were either, though i always thought it was a pretty cover (love the colors).

I always assumed that it was Nita, Kit and I never had an idea who the third person was.
                            Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
                            Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
                            iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

*still wants to actually SEE the cover* has anyone actually posted it here yet? cause i think i had the hard cover version. *hopes someone wil fulfill my wish and post it*

Comment

Working...
                              X