No announcement yet.

The nature of ghosts in "Abroad"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, I definately believe in ghosts.
    Over Thanksgiving, my family was staying at this hitel in Penn.,where we usually go. It only takes us a couple of hours to get up there, and we were all set, cause I had already packed the car (cause no one else can do it without breaking something)so we left pretty early, and were the first to arrive...we checked in and it was really weird...and later that night, after laying outside in the lovely cold weather (I Love The Cold!),we went in and over to the *tries to think of name* well, the guy behind the desk, and, well, conversation is as follows: (caw=sis;gbd=guy behind desk)
    caw: ok, you might think I'm crazy, but is this hotel haunted
    gbd(with jamacain accent): well, I have personally never seen a ghost, or anything, but sometimes down that hallway *points* people claim to have heard footsteps, but I wouldn't recommend going down there
    caw: why?
    gbd: because people who go down there usually come back screaming, and running very, very fast. That, or they are just scaredout of their wits. *smiles*
    caw: really? that is...um...interesting.
    gbd: yeah, and others have claimed that they see things out of their windows, on the second floor, I think, looking out over the pool
    caw: oh, ok, thanks very much

sure enough, we were on the second floor, looking out over the pool. anyway, like any good teenagers looking for something to do, we went where we were told not to

anyway, we heard some footsteps, but that couldn't really account for anything, since we were trying to think logically (actually, I was being logical, my sister not so much)But, we went up to our room and (we were connected to our cousins room) looked aroung to see who was there (no one)so welocked all the doors and sat on the bed to read/do homework. to make a long story short, the toilet flushed, the lights went dim, and TONS of weird things were being seen in the wall-length mirror...WEIRD
    Also, on this girl scout trip that I went on, the wind was really akward sounding, but when we went out by the campfire, there was no wind...

Off to do homework, but it's not soo bad because my H.E.P.(Highly Educated Pupils) project is on ghosts, so if anyone has anything to help me with it, be my guest and PM me
    Happy New Year!...Happy Month Day!
    ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

Wow, what hotel was it?

I know, call the ghost hunters! They'll see what's up! (Sorry, I've been watching Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, and other shows about the supernatural lately.)
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

You'd think ghosts would have something better to do than annoy the living..,.Though i suppose ghostliness WOULD grow rather boring over time, don't you think? I mean, being able to do nothing at all?
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Like how the ghosts at Hogwarts didn't think being dead was a problem, but thought that they wished they could be normal, they tried to eat, talk to people, and acted as if it was normality. One of the ghosts taught classes!

I think some ghosts are people who are scared of death, and just want to go about normal life as if they were alive.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I never thought about it like that before. Yesterday we got the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game. Every time we got lost one of the ghosts would try to point us in the right direction. I know it's just a game, but those kinds of ghosts just wanted to be helpful.

On Ghost Whisperer on Friday, there was this ghost that wanted to get revenge because her boyfriend let her drown. She was pretty scary. All she wanted to do was to hurt others. She wasn't very nice. I guess some ghosts are good and some are just bad.

There is this series that I'm reading called The Last Apprentice, and in this book a boy named Tom is training to be a spook. A spook is someone that gets rid of ghosts, ghasts, witches, and other scary things. In that book it states that a ghast can't hurt you unless you're afraid. It also says that most ghosts cause harm. I guess it just depends on the situation. Even though I'm fully aware that everything I just mentioned is fiction, at least one of these three examples is how a lot of people visualize ghosts.
            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I watched that episode of Ghost Whisperer! I thought it was cool, and that Julie (I think that was the girlfriend's name, I can't rightly remember) was pretty mean. The way she possessed that one woman...that was creepy.

My mom was watching with me. She was shrieking, making weird noises, and was extremely creeped out. She gets scared easily...

I've read a few chapter of The Last Apprentice, but I never got to finish it because the audiobook was returned to my library by my mom
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Yeah I didn't like Julie either. I kept turning away from the television when she showed up. And that smile that she gave when she processed that lady was, creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!!

I hope ghosts can't do that in real life. If you ever get a chance to read the Last Apprentice it is pretty interesting when it comes to topics like these. All I can say is that I don't want to run into a ghost in real life.

Comment

Yes, I read The Last Apprentice. That was really good and it has a few instances with ghosts (for those of you who haven't read it). I would not like to meet one of those ghosts in the book. I do have another book, Magyk (it has several sequels as well - all spelld weird) where if you die, you become a ghost. If you were a bad person, bad ghost - good person, nobody minds meeting you. So I'm on two sides of the fence - depends which book I read most recently. (and I would fully recommend Magyk)
                  "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

I've read it! I got a copy from my friend who said she didn't want her copy because the bold type that all Magykal things were formatted with confused her.

I want to read Flyte, but I haven't had time with all of the books I have to read for book club
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

So I'm doing this project on Lizzie Borden...

Lizzie Borden took an axe
                      and gave her mother forty whacks
                      and when she saw what she had done
                      she gave her father forty-one
                      Anyway I found out that her house is now a Bed and Breakfast and it's "haunted" by her father and her step-mom. I'm not sure if she's haunting the place too, but yeah. I thought it was interesting. So if anyone's interested... visit Fall River, MA.
                      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I've read a ghost related series that, although it's a quick and easy read for me, it was still very good. It's called Mediator. It's about a girl who can see ghosts and is supposed to help them move on.

I'm in a local history class right now at my school. We have gone on a lot of field trips. One of them was to an underground prison in Columbia (that isn't being used anymore). The tour guide told us to take a lot of pictures because orbs/ghosts will show up in the pictures. Orbs/ghosts did show up in my pictures when I looked at them at home.
                        Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

Sorry about my intrusion here, but I read the previous post and became very interested. Honestly, I always perceived ghosts as an entity that would simply replay the memory that it went through in its own previous life. Now, as far as Ghostwhisperer goes, isn't that basically something that people wrote for good ratings. Although, I have to say, Ghosts, to me are just a simple reflection of what has been. They allow themselves to be seen, or sensed in energy readings for that matter, as the way they want to be perceived. I know one thing, Ghosts are intricate, beautiful, and yet fearful at the same time.
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmicqueen:
                            Sorry about my intrusion here, but I read the previous post and became very interested. Honestly, I always perceived ghosts as an entity that would simply replay the memory that it went through in its own previous life. Now, as far as Ghostwhisperer goes, isn't that basically something that people wrote for good ratings. Although, I have to say, Ghosts, to me are just a simple reflection of what has been. They allow themselves to be seen, or sensed in energy readings for that matter, as the way they want to be perceived. I know one thing, Ghosts are intricate, beautiful, and yet fearful at the same time.
                            Don't feel bad for the intrusion. Hey the more the merrier! That is an interesting point that you make about how ghosts are perceived. They are only perceived how they want to be. Now for the show "Ghost Whisperer" the show actually has a real ghost hunter to help with he script and the set. Now was the show created just for the ratings, yes it was. But some of the things it might portray is probably close to reality some what. If you look at medical shows like "Grey's Anatomy" we all know that everything that goes on in the show is not real. Like the relationship problems and such. But what is real is the medical knowledge, terms, and practices that are used. I think that "Ghost Whisperer" is the same way. Not everything is real. But the lead actress did say that there is a ghost haunting the set of the show.

Comment

I saw an interesting show yesterday about psychic children, who saw ghosts. Two of the girls on the show had friends who were ghosts, the ghosts being a Jacob and I think the other was Freddie. They looked up records, and confirmed that at least one of them was real.

I only saw the end of it, but it was cool!
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Wow, cool!! That's a great way to look at the shows. What are other good shows that have information about the paranormal? Now that its summer, I have a lot more time on my hands.
                                Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X