This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Changes

While trying to give myself a signature, I discovered that as I have a Hotmail address, the system refuses to accept any changes. Is there any way to circumvent this, or must I choose between floating in Forum Limbo or re-registering?

Originally posted by GodMageMajere:
    While trying to give myself a signature, I discovered that as I have a Hotmail address, the system refuses to accept any changes. Is there any way to circumvent this, or must I choose between floating in Forum Limbo or re-registering?
    (sigh) The only workaround available is for me to briefly enable Hotmail addresses, make a change to your profile, and then disable the banned addresses again. If you'll email me the .sig, I'll install it for you.

Lee / Forum Administrator
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Dont bother. I've no wish to cause anyone any trouble, I merely wondered whether there might be an easier way. Thanks anyway.

Comment

I've been having the same problem (I have AOL) and I tried to fix it by switching the address used here from AOL to Yahoo. But that didn't work either. Is Yahoo not allowed?

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
        'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
        -The Fellowship of the Ring
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

I'd assume that any of the free email services would have the blocks like that. Prevents spam and other unsundry things.

As wsell, it would make sense to have AOL blocked, because their email prog is so completely bass-ackwards.

I just use the address(es) given to me by my ISP. ^^

Random Jacq
          (I loves j00, Shaw.ca)

My Inner Hero - Rogue!
          It's a good thing I use my powers for good and not evil, because quite frankly, I could get away with murder. I'm clever, tricky, and charming. I know how to make you laugh with one hand and pick your pocket with the other. Not that I'd ever DO that, of course...

How about you? Click here to find your own inner hero.

Comment

Actually, it's not all free e-mail providers that are blocked- I know that for sure, because I use a wotmania.com e-mail address. However, I think most of the big, popular ones are- hotmail definitely. Try finding a different free e-mail provider? The one I use, which is associated with a website, can be found at http://email.wotmania.com/...
            T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
            --Agent M
            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Writing.com

Comment

Or, try Hotpop.com. It doesn't have popups or such, and also allows POP access (read: you can use Outlook Express or another mail program, not just the web).

--
                Grr. Argh.
                --
                Grr. Argh.

Comment

Working...
                X