This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW.com user browsing

I noticed that when I look at my profile at Youngwizards.com that my address bar says "youngwizards.com/users/407". That's obviously my user number. So I typed in youngwizards.com/user/1 and it was Lee's profile. That's expected. User 2 was DD, that's expected, too. Kathy's number is 22, by the way. I was able to look at all of these profiles, and I came across a few that also had user names here. However, I came across one that I am forbidden to look at. "Youngwizards.com/users/42". If I could look at Lee's, DD's, and Kathy's... what's special about user 42? I'm allowed to look at user 43.

I don't believe that the user could have been banned from YW.com, because at this time there isn't anywhere to make posts or chat or whatever, so I don't see how they could have been banned.

Oh, and also sometimes when I type in a number, YW.com says that the page wasn't found. Probably these users (example, youngwizards.com/users/19) were users that signed up, but never activated their accounts by clicking that link that the registration E-mail gave. That's easy enough to figure out, but if anybody has a different theory....

I am really mystified about this mysterious user 43. I have no clue who it may be, and why it would be forbidden to me. Is it forbidden to anybody else? I don't think that the moderators here at YW.net would have moderator powers there at YW.com yet and a moderator would have made their profile forbidden. *Pokes Garrett*

Well making all these theories makes me even more confused then when I started to create this topic.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Beats me. I only have mod rights here.

It could be a deleted user, though...
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
      Beats me. I only have mod rights here.

It could be a deleted user, though...
      User 42 is a banned person.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Banned...?! What could they have done to get themselves banned? As of right now, correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't any forums or chat at YW.com so what could they have done?

Oh! They must have done something bad here at YW.net and had their IP address blocked, right?
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Originally posted by EricG1793:
          Banned...?! What could they have done to get themselves banned?
          You'd be surprised. Possible causes include: comment spamming, attempted comment spamming, attempts to break the website via various nasty PHP-based exploits, attempts to deface the website, assorted malicious script-kiddie behavior, being associated with the source of a DDOS attack, and ten or twenty other possibilities. Since YW.com came up, it has suffered attempted interference or attack, on the average, about once a week.

(shrug) It's a nasty world out there, and there are people who think it's fun to screw around with websites, or poke at them to see how well protected they are. Dealing with them is all in a day's work...
          Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
          X