This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW.net not Vista-friendly ;_;

This is most distressing. Many atime when I try to get to the YW page at all, the internet window freezes. No matter what browser, it just doesn't work.

On the occasion that I'm able to get as far as the chat, the chat doesn't load at all. It reads me as being in, but I can't see the chat or anything. Just a white page.

I have the latest versions of Flash and Chime, if that's of any relivance.

I hope it's just that the coding is a bit out of date, and I hope to see this fixed soon so I can get on more often ;_;
    ---
    How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

I'm sorry, but if you actually bought vista, you deserve it.

1i/\/uX 4 3\/4!!11!11!!111
    Hy gododin cataan hue
    Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
    Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
    Varigal don Fincayra
    Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

Pshh, you think I'd go out and get this on purpose? It came preinstalled on my new computer. And I greatly dislike Mac OS, and simply don't have the time for Linux, despite it being a good OS.

Perhaps next time you could say something helpful, instead of just insulting me?
      ---

Comment

This site isn't friendly with MY computer period! every time i go here, even after i get the new one, it starts messing up my computer and spewing up pop ups....i only dare go on my OWN site, which sometimes does the same thing, by using firefox...and i'm not certain i want to risk it with another site...so i have to say, it's not just vista the site isn't friendly with. (is posting this on library comp, in case your wondering how i'm here to say it in the first place)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

young reader -

Have you done virus and malware/spyware scans? That isn't a YW problem, that sounds like a problem with your computer.

Blue~

Comment

Nightvol: have you tried reinstalling the browser/Flash? If they were transporting apps and files across from your old box to the new one, they could have left a DLL or something behind...

And yeah, YR, I agree with Blue that sounds more like virus/malware/spyware problems than something specific to this site. Have you been spending time on MySpace?
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I did reinstall flash and my browser, though thank you for the help. It just... doesn't work. I'm perplexed.
              ---

Comment

Gleep. Hmmm. Is the browser configured to use Flash as a helper correctly? (i.e,. does other Flash stuff work?), and didja maybe get new firewall software or something that could possibly block whichever port Chime uses?
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

You'd think it was just a problem with the computer...except we got a brand new computer, and the problems continued...also, on other sites that the problem happened, it seemed that it did it to many, and the only common link seems to be internet explorer or something...*Shrugs* all i know is firefox is fine with MY site, which used to do it to me, but i'm not risking it twice over...that, and the computer itself doesn't seem to be the problem. it's got to be SOMETHING on the site...
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

The browser runs Flash fine, and I've tested it with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox in their newest incarnations. I had these on my old machine as well in the newest forms, and it worked fine, so it's not the browsers. Perhaps it's just Vista ;_;
                    ---

Comment

Well Vista apparently added a lot of new security features, so I wouldn't be surprised if they beefed up firewall security somehow and ended up closing up or locking down a few stray ports. No idea, though, which port Chime uses.

Are you able to do other typical chat-type things? IRC, AIM, etc?

Comment

A friend of mine has a new computer which came with Vista, so I went over and tried it out. Seemingly no problems, but then again, it's not my computer. Perhaps he edited the settings a little.

And YR, as you said, you're using the library computer, which seems to have no problem with this. I don't know if you're using FF or IE, but either way it's probably your computer.

Comment

internet explorer with this site...but i don't see it being the computer, when we got a SECOND computer and it still did it...

Comment

Well then it'd have to be your connection. There's probably something wrong with how you're connected to the internet. It could be any number of things: your router if you're using one could be messed up, or your actual connection could be screwy. In any case, I'd call your ISP for tech support if it's a major problem, and if it's not, ignore it. Remeber, this is Windows we're talking about. SOMETHING's bound to go wrong.
                            Hy gododin cataan hue
                            Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
                            Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
                            Varigal don Fincayra
                            Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

AIM, IRC, everything else works fine. It's not just the chat here, either. Many of the pages cause the browser to freeze up, resulting in a force quit being neccessary. It's seemingly the ONLY webpage that I've been unable to sort out the problems with, and I don't know why.

Oh well?
                              ---

Comment

Working...
                              X