X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The entry page...

Aloha guys!
    When I went to enter the Young Wizards site, I was redirected to a page that apparently stalled out: Coming Soon! www.youngwizards.com for all your online wizardly needs. It began downloading from a location I recognized from DD's website, but never got beyond the opening page. Same font style and everything. Are there Changes Afoot for the front end pages? or is my computer just misbehaving? BTW, youngwizards.com is the location that gave me the odd intro page; youngwizards.net still seems to load o.k.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

When I went to enter the Young Wizards site, I was redirected to a page that apparently stalled out: Coming Soon! http://www.youngwizards.com for all your online wizardly needs. ... Are there Changes Afoot for the front end pages? or is my computer just misbehaving? BTW, youngwizards.com is the location that gave me the odd intro page; youngwizards.net still seems to load o.k.
    Well, as you've seen, we were in the process of adding new material to the YoungWizards.com domain. Since YW.net has been active for a lot longer than the .com domain, there'll eventually (within some days, anyhow) be a new entry page for YW.net which offers a browser the opportunity to "branch" either to YW.com or YW.net.

DD's intention is to put most of the material that's strictly about the books over on the YW.com side, where people unfamiliar with the series can find them easily. We'll be mirroring the "book content" stuff on both sides for a while until the stats tell us where it works best. It may be, eventually, that the .net domain will be mostly for the message boards: again, we're going to let the stats tell us what works.

As you'll guess from looking at it, the .com side is going to be more "commercial", with a bookstore and some other new features added. We'll be experimenting with various things over there, so keep your eye on it.

Meanwhile, it's interesting to note that for the few days it was up, the "coming soon" page (and that's all there was, that one page, so your load didn't stall) got 40 hits or so. Not bad for a domain that hadn't been advertised anywhere. I assume that a lot of people just tend to type ".com" rather than ".net."

Lee / Forum Administrator
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
    X