This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abuse of the Shoutbox

I just entered the site and the shout box had a link on it and it said "see my sex photos" or something like that so I'll like to report abuse!

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

WHAT!? That is a REALLY BIG violation of the shout box, don't ya think? Lee, could there be a "banned from the shoutbox if you abuse it" rule, or something like that?
    Whoa! I just looked at the archive, that person was KIM. Wasn't that the name of the new Forum Admin? *gasp*

*Agent~M*
    "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
    "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
    "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

That's more like a "banned permanently from the site" offense, IMHO. We are asked, with good reason, to keep the rudeness and profanity to a low level, then this comes along... did someone hack the shoutbox?

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Eww, SICK!
        Gah, yeah, permanent ban, I hope... but I think, because the shoutbox is kinda informal, that it might be hard to track the people posting in it, yeah? *shrugs* I don't know enough about the mechanics of this. but still. >.<

As for Kim, I guess it's probably not that kim.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Still the Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Hopefully it's not that Kim, or else Lee's gonna have to find a new replacement....

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

That isn't right!!!!! Permanant ban I hope. But I agree wiht Tui, it would be hard to track down the REAL person who did that. One night I was REAL bored and kept coming on and saying "Hello again!" then AFTER I found something to do and quit coming on that night, someone posted "Hello again!!" as Sam! I was FURIOUS when I found it. So anyone could just go on and type in M and then type something horible just to get M in trouble, just an example, so it would be hard to find the person.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
            When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
            Anger is just one letter short of dAnger!
            DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
            Silence is golden?... aw! but shouting is fun!
            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Mmmm -- don't you need to be logged in to access the Discussion Boards homepage? And shouldn't there be a log of who was on when for the sysops to track, should they be so inclined? If it was someone 'officially' on the board, I hope they receive a rude surprise soon; that, and a lump of coal in their stocking.

Comment

Folks,

Unfortunately some nasty person has found a way to spam the Shoutbox provider with ugly **** messages. However, there's also a way for us to ban the IP from which the messages are presently coming: that I've done.

Of course there's no guarantee that the nasty people won't immediately change to another IP...but I'm keeping my eye on it. If something like this crops up again, please e-mail me and I'll pop straight in and take care of it.

Apologies again.

Lee / Forum Administrator
                Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
                X