This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chime's clear button goes too far

In the past week (since 1.2.16 was installed?), Chime's behaviour has changed. Now, when people* clear the scrolling text window, nothing more appears in the window. The pencils flash as usual, but no text appears before people get fed up and close the window and reopen it.

It's been seen to happen in
    <LI>Internet Explorer (Windows and Mac)
    <LI>Firefox (Windows)
    <LI>Camino 2006100905 (v1.2+) and the previous build (Mac)
    <LI>Shiira 1.2.2 (Mac)

* Several people have had this same problem.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

that happens for everyone i think...but when people get lag, they hit clear out of habit, since it usually works. or maybe they just do it out of habit period..Either way, end result, NOT GOOD.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I also noticed that the chatroom now holds considerably less text than it did: currently (for me) it will only hold around three screen-fulls of text before it starts deleting lines: previously it was much greater. Is this only happening to me, or have other people noticed this as well?

Comment

Chime just keeps getting slower the larger the message history grows. It used to be I could refresh Chime and it would be back to it's regular speed. But now after clicking the refresh button I never see new messages Just the pencil icons flashing.
          Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

well, i haven't been counting lines, and i can't even get into chat with my comp broken at the moment...*pauses for gigo to cheer, then goes on* i'll be back in a couple weeks though...when we get a new comp.,
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Chime has been eating lines too. A few screenfuls and it starts eating. I'll talk more, but Mum's bugging me to have brekky! Tata!
              "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
              Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

Though I haven't been on Cedric forever (not my fault, blame the stupid compy!) whenever I do manage to get on, I get around two or three screens of text before it vanishes. When I was on chat constantly, it held the nearly the entire convorsation, which was great in case I missed something and had to go back and read it. But since chat's dead for me , I guess I don't have to worry about it. Sorry though, Gigs.

-peri

Comment

really I haven't expierenced any of these problems

Comment

kira-kira said: really I haven't expierenced any of these problems
                    well, that could be something with the comp...or have you tried scrolling up after you're in a few pages? it doesn't always do anything noticible...it's just when you scroll up, after being in chat for a while, you notice that some of it's been deleted...

Comment

I havent been able to get into chat since we got our DSL hooked up. I wonder if the new one will let me in*goes to try it* nope it still doesnt work. Its probly the DSL. When we first got it I could get on for the first 3 days then.... nothing. But when I get windows XP for my mum's compy i will be able to get in at one of the cyber cafes in town.
                      The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
                      DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

at least you'll be able to get in...i'm not even alowed to come here at my own house anymore, since it messes up comp. and it probably is the dsl...

Comment

Working...
                        X