This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troubleshooting help needed, please

I have been having an intermittent problem for months now where Internet Explorer unexpectedly quits while I am trying to read posts on the discussion board. It's very annoying because it happens most of the time, but not always, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. Sometimes IE quits right when the main discussion group page is loading, but other times I can read a messsage or two before it quits. Sometimes it quits when a page is almost done loading, but sometimes right at the beginning. And then there are the lucky times when I can successfully catch up on all I've missed and navigate back and forth through all the topics for hours, if I want. I don't have any trouble posting a topic or replying to a post (assuming I've already made it that far).

I'm running Internet Explorer version 5.1.6 on an iMac G3 (333 MHz, 160 MB of RAM), with OS 9.2.2.

I'm not positive, but I don't think this was happening before the new bulletin board template started being used.

I've already tried increasing the memory allocated to Explorer. My husband thinks it might be a Java problem, but other than that we are fresh out of ideas.

Any Mac-friendly people out there?
    Please help!

Thanks,
    Squash

Squash --

I haven't heard this problem reported before, but let me pass it on to the people at Infopop and see what they have to say. (NB that they usually take a few days to sort out answers.) BTW, one thing you might try is using the checkbox in the login page which reverts you to the pre-v.3.0 template. If you do that and find that your system *doesn't* crash any more, that might be a useful diagnostic sign.

Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Thanks, Lee!
      I'll try that and let you know what happens.

Squash

Comment

Okay, Lee...

It's been a couple of days, and the problem is still happening intermittently. I did switch back to the old template, and things were okay - until it happened again, that is! It's happened at least three times since then - I think I've visited the forum about seven or eight times, so I guess I'm looking at a failure rate of between one third to one half of the time. Any word from the Infopop gurus?

Thanks for your continued help,
        Squash

Comment

Nothing as yet -- I'll check with them again. Thing are a little complicated today, though, as mostly I've been on the phone with DD, who has just had a major disk crash and needs help with it. More news as it becomes available.

Comment

Working...
          X