Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, now with the new rule about avatars, i need to bring this up. on a different message board (where the limit for avatars is 80x80), i have an avatar. well, that avatar carries over to this message board. if i try to change the one on here, the one on the other board changes as well. is there any way to prevent this??
    in my field of paper flowers

Sure. I can grab your larger avatar, resize it, and store the smaller version on our own server...then have the board here use the smaller version rather than the bigger one. Shall I do this for you?

Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Aww, that would be so nice of you!! The thing is, my avatar is constantly changing and that would be too much work for you. If I posted an avatar that I would like to use for this board only, can you maybe use that??
      in my field of paper flowers

Comment

No problem at all...go right ahead.

Comment

Lee: While you appeared to give the 'nihil obstat' to the current size of my avatar in your reply to my post in the thread 'Avatar help!', I still would prefer that my avatar's size be more in line with the 'in-house' avatars, as I had indicated in the post in 'Avatar help!'. Thus, as you are offering to resize avatars, I would be much obliged if you would do so with mine (while I could probably resize it myself, if necessary, having you do it seems easier for all parties concerned, especially as I would still have to have you store it on the YW site after I had resized it.)

Thanks,
          Nathan

Ubi materia, ibi geometria. --Johannes Kepler

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
          Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

No probs, I've taken care of it.

Comment

How do you tell if it is to big or not???? 'cause I am not sure if myne is to big or not, and What I have to do to change it if it is. Help me?

Lissa
              "We pray for our sorrows to end,
              and hope that our hearts will blend.
              Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
              And who knows:
              starting a new journey may not be so hard
              or maybe it has already begun.
              There are many worlds,
              but they

Comment

I think yours is a little on the big side. You might want to ask Lee to resize it.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

Hey, Lee. I've been trying to change my avatar to an on-site avatar because of your note on the forum page. Also because my present one is WAY to big. But no matter how many times I change it, it never shows up on my posts, and when I go back to my profile to change it again, my old one is still there. Do you know what's wrong?

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                  I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                  I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                  For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Hi Lee... I'm just wondering if my avatar became an "on-site" avatar after you resized it, or if I need to switch it to another one...
                    Thanks muchly,
                    Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Urm...sorry to bother you Lee, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to make my avatar an "on-site" avatar. Please advise.

Thank you very much!

A Jedi Ewok
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books and great lover of Moon Cakes...
                      A physics geek
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

What is an on-site avatar? Is it one that originated from the site?

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                        "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

Yeah, I think so. One that Lee provides for us here.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                          I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                          I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                          For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Hey Lee, if you think that my avatar is to big, could you please fix it for me??????? Thanks

Lissa
                            "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                            and hope that our hearts will blend.
                            Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                            And who knows:
                            starting a new journey may not be so hard
                            or maybe it has already begun.
                            There are many worlds,
                            but they

Comment

Working...
                            X