This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTHING is working.

Yes, that was melodrama in the subject line. And so something of an exaggeration. But it doesn't feel like it to me. At the moment this coputer is- well for a start it's doing incredibly annoying things like NOT OPENING LINKS when they're supposed to open in new windows: I have to right-click-open and all sorts of annoying things, and I think that's pop-up blacker... but that's everything, so not applicable to me jumping up and down and screaming for help here (though if anyone does know what the problem is, you know I'd worship at your feet if you told me.) However, chime really, really hates me, and I've tried the port thing and everthing and AUGH, it's so not making any difference. For a start to open it I have to do the whole right-click thing, and then I click on the Chat thing- again right-click- and it starts to open. Then I get an IExplore "this program has performed an illegal operation" etc etc etc message and it closes not just the Chime window, not just the chat platform page, but ALL windows signed on to YW.net. Or it may just be the forum. nevertheless, it's ANNOYING. I have no idea what to do. I tried turning off Norton internet Security: no luck. Ditto the whole port thing. it's really getting me down: I miss talking to you all! (and that's why I haven't been on much lately, because Java keeps giving me javascript:void messages too and it's driving me insane- okay, insaner- not 'cause I;m rejecting you all. )

So... I really have no idea if this is a site thing or a coputer thing or what. But if any hep is available... I'm running Windows XP Home edition version 2002 andI used internet Explorer. I don't know if it would do the same on Netscape because we don't appear to have it... *kicks* Anyway. *looks pleading*
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Birdhead, are you using a mac? Cause i can't get chime to load on any macs.

Pc: umm try adding the chime address to a trusted sites folder in security settings.

Or you could always get a new computer or go to the library.
    ---------------------------------------
    YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
    "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

All the old topics seem to have become available and unlocked again. It's a good idea to check the date on old posts before replying to them.

For instance, Tui's post was from July 2004, and she seems to have fixed all those problems long ago.
      Also, since she's running Windows XP, she can't be using a Mac.
      However, I don't usually have a problem using Chime on my Mac. It seems to work better in Safari than in Firefox or Camino. I don't have a working version of Internet Explorer or Opera, for some reason, so I haven't tried it in those.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

This is interesting. Groupee said that they were going to be bringing online a new compression system that would make archiving old messages unnecessary. I wonder if they've just done it? I wasn't expecting it for a while, though.
        Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X