This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chime loses lines

Sometimes when I type a line into Chime, it never appears in the scrolling window. I haven't changed the options between such lines and ones that do appear.

I can't find any pattern in why it does it, such as the content of lines. One example was "English (remember?), French, German and Japanese." - the line following it appeared as usual, but not that line.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

The same thing is happening to me. Something else is that when I get on, people are on but, they don't appear in the little box to the right that has the people that are on. And I am told I am invisable to the people on there.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Be careful about resizing the window when in firefox. It can mess up the chime window really bad.

Comment

Me to..And sometimes when i try to post something it won't let me...(and it's nothing bad)
        "We pray for our sorrows to end,
        and hope that our hearts will blend.
        Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
        And who knows:
        starting a new journey may not be so hard
        or maybe it has already begun.
        There are many worlds,
        but they

Comment

All very peculiar... In particular, I haven't seen the "dropped line" thing.

Anyway, we'll see if the new software coming in next week solves this problem.
          Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

It's still doing it .

For instance, it just dropped two lines in a row that I typed (I can't remember what they were now) while there were only three people in chat. If it's being overloaded with just three people, it'd be really bad with an online chat with DD.

And it might drop her deathless utterances! Augh!

Still using Firefox 0.8 on OS X 10.3.4 on my Mac. Most of what I type does appear, though it can sometimes take a minute or more to do so.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I'll see what I can find out. There were some people reporting problems with Firefox up in the admin forums.
              Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

This is probably not the correct place to put this up... but I can't change my avie and now I have none.... where do I send you the one that I want up?
                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                X