Message Editor Interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Editor Interface?

I tried setting the Message Editor Interface (Under "Miscellaneous Options," which is under "Edit Options" in the User CP) to "Enhanced Interface" or "Standard Editor," but the setting wouldn't stay. It just kept resetting to "Basic Editor."

Yes, I saw the note that says:

"Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options."

But is there any way to change that? So far, the only browser that I have that it works really well in (I tested it), is Google Chrome. It completely fails in IE, and it kind of works in Firefox, but the animated smilies move way too fast, and look kind of demented...

I just wonder if there's any way to fix it for IE, or if the note speaks the truth. Or if it's just some setting problem on my version of IE.

I dunno...maybe my web browsers just hate me...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Originally posted by kk View Post
    I tried setting the Message Editor Interface (Under "Miscellaneous Options," which is under "Edit Options" in the User CP) to "Enhanced Interface" or "Standard Editor," but the setting wouldn't stay. It just kept resetting to "Basic Editor."

Yes, I saw the note that says:

"Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options."
    It may not be your browser that's the problem: possibly there's something going on with the way we have user permissions set at the moment. I'll look into it.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I use Google Chrome and I set it to the enhanced interface and it stays for me!
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

It works, now! I'm using IE, and the setting stays now. Thanks for whatever you did to fix it!

Eric: It had worked in Google Chrome for me too; it was just Internet Explorer that had the problem...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

^ Oops! I got confused; I thought Chrome was the problem. Sorry about that!
          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
          X