This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with e-mail...

A while ago I was trying to e-mail Lee the address for an avatar, and twice got a series of messages (One "Message delayed," then one "Message not sent") that basically said, sorry, it's not working. I tried to e-mail Lee yesterday to ask for a chat password and i had the same problem... I was wondering if/how it could be fixed, so I can get one? Please?
    Thanks,
    Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

I thought that was just me and my messed up hotmail account!! Ok, something's officially wrong.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I sent an email to him today to ask for one, and it got through fine.

-Emilie
      (note: That's EmilIE, it's NOT Emily,NOT Emilia, NOT Amelia, or Emile! It's EMILIE, a cool name, and it has this IE after it which you WILL WILL WILL USE)

Comment

Hmmm... mine is hotmail too. That might be the problem... I might just go and get a new addy from somewhere else.
        (Emilie, to save embarassment: Lee's a she. But she won't mind...)
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oh...I haven't tried contacting her with my netscape account.

*Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Oh. Sorry, Lee...

-Emilie
            (note: That's EmilIE, it's NOT Emily,NOT Emilia, NOT Amelia, or Emile! It's EMILIE, a cool name, and it has this IE after it which you WILL WILL WILL USE)

Comment

Just a note: I'd appreciate it incredibly if any of you who have listed Hotmail or AOL e-mail addresses in your profiles would find other addresses to put there. Increasingly. messages form those accounts seem to have trouble reaching us. I spend more time trying to get in touch with addresses at those two domains than I do for anything else...which is why we're going to stop accepting those addresses on registrations at the beginning of the month.

Remember that the "official" address you give the Forum software for notifications does not have to be displayed in the Forums if you don't want to. Please also bear in mind that if you put a "munged" or "purposely misspelled" address in there, I get all the bounced e-mails from people trying to reach you at that address. (And DD gets them too, which makes her unbelievably cross.) (Not a state you would want to purposely invoke.)

Lee / Forum Administrator
              Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I did get a new address. I trust there have been no problems there?

*Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Strange twist: I just returned from vacation, and decided it was finally time to switch over to a REAL e-mail address. I put in the new address, and went to check for the verification e-mail, but accidentally deleted it. When I tried to send a message back to forum-administrator, both the one from my new address and the one from my old Hotmail account never made it. Hotmail kept giving me error messages, and the one from my new account simply... disappeared. Very odd.

I had to resort to some H4XX0R tricks to verify my new address, but it seems to be working o.k. now. For a while, I couldn't get into the forums for love or money.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                  "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

meteorite, check your private topics please.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                    "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                    "I could live

Comment

Working...
                    X