This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question re: open forum

Did I just miss this, or is the Forum now permanently open (I only saw it in a sidebar in the Concordance)? Do you need to be a member to post? I know it allowed non-members in beginning in early September, but I didn't realize it was going to be permanent.
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

I don't think the forums are permanently open. The Archive Forums were supposed to, as of September 1, be closed to people without Premium Memberships, but I'm still entering them even when I'm not logged in.... So I suppose the answer to both these matters is that Lee simply hasn't had the opportunity to be active here on the forums lately.

Yes, you must be a member to post. It's a simple test procedure: Log off Youngwizards, and then enter the site again, and try to post to any random thread. It interrupts the posting process saying you need to log in. That's what happened to me; I came to the website, saw this thread, read it, and then hit the reply button and it required me to long in.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Originally posted by meteorite:
      Did I just miss this, or is the Forum now permanently open (I only saw it in a sidebar in the Concordance)? Do you need to be a member to post? I know it allowed non-members in beginning in early September, but I didn't realize it was going to be permanent.
      DD has decided that she wants us to leave the Forums open for viewing for the foreseeable future. Her main concern is to make sure that people have to register before they can post, so that posting can be kept appropriate, and if anything untoward starts to happen, the people causing the problem can be locked out.

Meanwhile, we're in the process of locking down the message archive areas at the moment. It's taken a little while to get the necessary permissions set into the Forum software.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
      X