This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More CHIME problems...

Lee, the new CHIME is flakey. It works fine for a while, then whatever I type won't appear, and when I try to reload the window, I get:

==============
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@se018.wh01.infopop.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at se018.wh01.infopop.net Port 80
    =====================

I have to restart completely to get back in.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Argh! I'll pass this along to Infopop.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

BTW, when I said "restart" I meant I had to log back into the board. Not that I had to restart my box, or even my browser. I'm using Firefox 0.8 on Windows XP.

I'm curious, is this supposed to be the new Java version of Chime? 'cause it looks a lot like it's still Javascript.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

It looks and acts the same way too.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

*bounces around happily* I got it! just thought I'd mention that pop-up blocker is a PAIN, but I finally found it and turned it off and I can get into chat now. yay!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I think this Chime chat has brought more problems than joy. Why don't they just bring the loved SigmaChat back? It'll be better than to endure this suffering to talk to DD!
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this problem yet, so I'll say it.

Well, the first thing is one time I was chatting with Nitfan and Diego, I think. It was really weird. First what I typed wasn't appearing and everything everyone else typed wasn't showing up either. Then nitafan and Diego logged off at the same time, mid conversation. I closed out of the Chime window. Clicking the link wasn't bringing it up again.

After that, it has been working on and off. Sometimes when I clicked the link it would pop up, other times nothing. :/ Refreshing the page with the link doesn't do anything. But if I come back to it five minutes later it works.

Whoot, Tui!

I thought the old Sigma took up too much space.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I have sterted having a problem whereby the avater pics that are displayed by a person's name are shown full size, rather than a nice little icon.
                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Yeah. The avatars have been full sizes for several days now. I liked them smaller a lot better; with some of the bigger avatars, you'd only be able to fit 6 lines on one page.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Firefox 0.8 OS X 10.3.4 again.

First: I see small avatars, not the reported large ones.

Second: I just had an odd experience in chat - when my lines appeared, I saw only the avatar, not my name, and not the words I'd typed. Chris McFarland, who was in chat with me, saw it all as normal, though. So I suppose it may not need fixing, but you can't see what you just said. Closing the window and opening another one made it work normally again.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I'll take all these issues up with Infopop and see what they say. A lot of other forums seem to be having similar problems, so it's not just us.
                      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Thats really good to know. It seems to be working alot better for me now. Don't know what it was...Oh, uym Lee I have been meaning to ask you. I sent an email to you with an avatar atached, Gryph drew it for me. Anyways, I was wondering if you got it and if I could use it?
                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                        **Neets**
                        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

As a variation on lines that don't appear, I just saw a new thing: some of the lines I typed in appeared in a different order. (Eventually.)

Still on Firefox 0.8, still OS X 10.3.4 for now.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

chime isnt working at ALL for me.
                            it worked once or twice, but now when i try to get in a chat, it doesnt load all the way.

Comment

Chime Is Really Malfunctioning today.
                              When I first logged into Chime, I said Dai, then my background came up on the chat window, logging me out. When I logged back in, it showed only me on the visitors list, but it said their were 2 visitors.

I don't know what's up, but I thought somebody should know.

Just now, at 7:13 mountain time, Chime started spitting out hundreds of "The Connection has been lost. Please Click Here' messages on every one's screen. We could still chat, but it usually moved by too fast to see our writing.
                              We found a Solution, though. By clicking on Tools, and "Clear chat History" it stopped.

Merged two posts - Peter
                              "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                              "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                              "If you are out to describe

Comment

Working...
                              X