This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shoutbox

I can't post in the Shoutbox. I think it's just on my mother's computer, which is running on XP; and it's wierd because it's suddenly functioning as a dropdown list, so I can dropdown and get all the phrases and names which I have ever used in the Shoutbox, as well as in Google and things (???) but can't actually type anything new. I think this is mroe likely to be a problem with me rather than the site, but....
    Cheers,
    Tui

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
    --Agent M
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Still the Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

The Shoutbox appears to be malfunctioning again. It was fine for a month or so, but today, it hates everyone.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Dosn't anyone every read my posts. I said that in like the Topic of great ramdomness or in like the Site Lives. Melissa is very sad!!!!!!

Lissa
      "We pray for our sorrows to end,
      and hope that our hearts will blend.
      Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
      And who knows:
      starting a new journey may not be so hard
      or maybe it has already begun.
      There are many worlds,
      but they

Comment

That's an odd problem. Is it always the shoutbox turning into a combo box? There could be a mutitude of problems. I've never played with a shoutbox before, so I wouldn't know. It behaves ok for me.

Just how is this shoutbox implemented?

--Dai Stihó

ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
        -Webster's Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

I've had not prblems with shoutbox, and I am running XP (professional version, in caes tha makes a afifference).

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

The way the box responds to different OS's is a mystery to me, too. I run XP Home and DD runs XP Pro, and she can sometimes use or clear the box correctly when I can't do a thing with it. (sigh)

Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I have an XP computer but usually it works fine for me. Except for this one time... it had this funny message, the same thing as the message Melissa got. It's really weird.

I can get into the chat area fine w/out having to click on the Java thing. We must've picked up Java or something somewhere else.

Mysteries......

-MaThFrEaK
              "What's a solar system? Am I a solar system?"
              "Hehehe. You smell funny."
              ~Gryphon~
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Lee!

I don't know what's wrong now, but the shout box is being really weird. A few days ago I tried to send a 'hi' message. It was taking a while; normally the shoutbox instantly displays my message. But this box popped up that said something about a script that it being unresponsive and may make the computer unresponsive. So I clicked 'abort'. And everytime since then, I can't get it to work. It does the same thing. Ugg. What should I do/what do you think happened?

-MaThFrEaK
                ~Gryphon~
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

(bemused) I don't have the slightest idea. I'll be clearing the box out tonight: try again after that and see if the problem clears up.

Comment

hi i'm new but the little box in the corner (the shoutbox?)i cant see it anymore and it wont let me post. what should i do?
                    PATRICIA

Comment

hi im new but the little box in the corner (the shoutbox?) i cant see it and it wont let me post what should i do?
                      PATRICIA

Comment

oops did i post that 2 times? sorry like i said im new...lol
                        PATRICIA

Comment

Ugg, Lee. I have no idea what's wrong with the chat box. It worked fine for me until now! I posted a hi to DD, but that was on a different computer. So weird...

Patricia, it doesn't show for you? Odd. Well, at least it shows for me. I have no idea what that means...

-MaThFrEaK
                          ~Gryphon~

Comment

Patricia, you can go back and change or delete a post if its within 60 minutes.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                            *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                            *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                            *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
                            *Life is a book, all thats good is when one is in suspense-Devin
                            *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                            *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                            *Many have come and go

Comment

yeah i dont know why the shoutbox wasnt working but like right after i posted it worked...lol weird dont u think?
                              PARICIA

Comment

Working...
                              X