This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai y'all! ( intro)

I'm new to the board and I thought that I would say hi to everyone. I'm Kay (what everybody calls me in real life, too) from New York City... and yes, I travel through Grand Central Terminal every day to get to work. I started reading the YW books back in 1984 --- I was 14 back then.

I just finished W@W over the weekend, weeped over the ending and went looking through my stacks of books for my whole Young Wizards collection. I'm in the middle of renovating my apartment and most of my books are packed away. I've got the urge to re-read all of the YW books because I had forgotten so many details from the series after over 20 years ( liek Darryl.. I didn't remember anything about AWA)... and wouldn't you know it? My omnibus copy of the first three are missing. I wanted new copies anyway because that copy of the book is falling apart after having been loaned to a gazillion people and has traveled around the globe at least twice, but sheesh!

So, hi everybody!
    "Poets are regular people who live down the block and do simple things like wash clothes and stir soup." - Naomi Shihab Nye

Dai! Welcome! I'm Sker'ret, or Sker'! And this board is the best, so have fun on here! I would have cried if I lost any of my YW books! *grabs them and holds them close* But anywayz, welcome again!

Sker'
    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Dai Sker, and thank you. I'm really quite miffed that my book's missing. I know it will turn up after I order new copies. It's just my excuse to get the 20th anniversary edition of SYWTBAW before it becomes impossible to find. Pay rent, bills and then hit Amazon.com!
      "Poets are regular people who live down the block and do simple things like wash clothes and stir soup." - Naomi Shihab Nye

Comment

Welcome Kay, its great fun here, I found the books when i was loads younger and then at the age of 20 decided to track the two books down i read only to find another 5 i think and since then i buy them as they come out. You'll like it here, its great fun and some of the talking going on will make you laugh. But anyway Welcome.

Oh im Fox, I'm a university student in the UK and studing to become a Primary school teacher. i'm one of ten males in this female dominated field its good though
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Hunt's luck Kay!
          Yesss, yet more people for our campain for world domination...*tents fingers Mr. Burns style*
          I've only known about the books for a couple of years or so, and my friends (rightly) think I'm obsessed. But then, so are a lot of people in here...
          But anyways, welcome and don't mind too much if randomness breaks out into a pandemic.
          -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Working...
          X