This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Lee...

Question One: Is there a way to send a question strait to you, instead of out in the topics taking up space? (Knowing me, an e-mail adress for questions was right in front of my nose and I just missed it, sorry...)

Question Two: The forums have taken a nasty habit of automatically enabling notifications whenever I post--or at least when I post in the TOGR (haven't been anywhere else lately...) Have I done something by accident? Is there some way to fix it? Because in a topic which has grown something like 300 pages in a year, that's a lot of posts. I dont' want to run out of room for my e-mails...

Whatever light you might be able to shed on this would be nice...
    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Question One: Is there a way to send a question strait to you, instead of out in the topics taking up space? (Knowing me, an e-mail adress for questions was right in front of my nose and I just missed it, sorry...)

Question Two: The forums have taken a nasty habit of automatically enabling notifications whenever I post--or at least when I post in the TOGR (haven't been anywhere else lately...) Have I done something by accident? Is there some way to fix it? Because in a topic which has grown something like 300 pages in a year, that's a lot of posts. I dont' want to run out of room for my e-mails...

Whatever light you might be able to shed on this would be nice...
    ~Sharky

Comment

I think you can click the Exclamation Point in the top corner of the post to notify Lee about a certain post...
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

There's always the email address, <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">admin@youngwizards.net</pre> too. That's where I emailed my avatars to.

There's a Notifications flag under the text field on the Post A Reply bit - have you checked that to see if it's turned on, and turned it off? Click on the flag icon, and you get three options you can check.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Sharky, if you click on a user's name, you can see that user's Public Profile, which in Lee's case, includes her e-mail address ( forum-administration@youngwizards.net).

Notifications-wise, you might want to look at Go -&gt; My Space -&gt; Preferences, to see if you've got e-mail notifications set.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I had a problem with the notifaction too a while back. I turned all of the ones in my profile off, but the one on each individual post would always be set on 'on,' and I'd have to turn it off each time. It was funny because it only happened when I was replying to ToGR.

Kli and PM... your two e-mail addresses for lee are different.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by sharklord:
              Mail me at admin@youngwizards.net.

Not quite sure what's going on here. I'll try going into your profile and clearing all your notifications: then you can go in and reset the ones you want.
              Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

It seems that when I post, the notification flag always starts out being "on," so I guess that's the cause of me always getting messages from the TOGR...
                ~Sharky

Comment

I was crusing along LimeWire, a file-sharing program, and I decided to search under "Young Wizards". What did I find, but a transcript of So You Want To Be A Wizard! Furthermore, I wasn't sure what it was, so I downloaded it, scanned it, and immediately deleted it. (I certainly don't want to rip off DD!) I clicked "Browse Host", which let me look at all the stuff available from this person's IP address. I found many, many book transcripts, from Action Comics #1 to Roger Zelazny! This person's IP address is: 65.35.69.89:6346. I thought you should all know.
                  "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                  "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis Wolfang:
                    I was crusing along LimeWire, a file-sharing program, and I decided to search under "Young Wizards". What did I find, but a transcript of So You Want To Be A Wizard!...
                    Thanks -- DD has passed this info on to her agents for action.
                    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
                    X