This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricG1793:

There would be more posts, it would be more busy, but it would be just the same members, making more posts. It wouldn't increase the amount of registered users per day.
    Not to burst your bubble, but, just quoting one part, having more posts, all be it probably not about the books, would cause DD paying more.
    More users could result in more breaking of the rules, cos, all in all, who, these days, really reads those Terms and Rules things anymore? Not many. A very few do.

Also, your Karma doesn't matter. It's not giving any more privledges, no more rights, no more 'better-ness than thou' stuff. K? I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you but you seem to be coming in, fresh and hot off the other site, and trying to make this into your own little site. You see how many other users here there are? How many were here before you? I don't believe really any of them have pushed this issue. We all like the forums how they are. If you have such a problem them I suggest make your own cheap website for your supposed fandom and have fun there. That sounds ... confusing and weird, but really.

I cannot recall any one pushing a stupid already dug into the ground idea to such a height.

We all like how it is. Ok? Does that make sense? I hope it does, cos we all like this place. Chat? Yah, I'm disappointed that because of someone or some peoples actions the Chat has been closed. And yes I realize that the mods aren't around much, but that doesn't mean we need to make a fuss about it.

And please: stop comparing YW.net to this video game downloading site. It's pathetic. Idea's come from your own head, not someone elses. I'm not really sure what I'm rambling on here about at 1AM my time, I just have seen this topic and hadn't said anything and now I felt like.

I suggest just dropping your ideas and stop trying to change this home away from home type of place for some people. If you don't like it, get lost, don't waste DD's money on your ranting about something you're never going to win. Kennit? Good.

And about you're newbie adoption ... I think we'd need to find a very very patient 'oldbie' to pair you with.

[quote syntax fixed -- gf]
    Love and be loved

Comment

I DO have more arguments to put up to your arguments, but doing that would only lead to the HELPing of the boards, which I don't want to do anymore.

Poof. Gone. Seriously, this time, all of my suggestions. You blew it.

(Not that my opinion seemed worth much to all of you, anyway)
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Your suggestions are worth a lot. We do shoot down your suggestions a lot, i admit- but the purpose of making a suggestion is so that it can be considered, the flaws and benefits found, and then reconsidered after it has been fixed.
        The addopting a newbie does have some benefits-but it might be a good idea, rather then having an entire topic devoted to it, if people simply made it known in the welcoming topics that if anyone needs help, they are there to provide it. (Same general idea, but it saves space)
        Also, while it would seem that those who have a thousand posts are those who know most, it really isn't always true...I say that, because a lot of the most respected members rarely post at all. I reached a thousand post, and i'm half hated by half the members who have been here longer then me, at times, so that should say something i suppose...

Your suggestions were good, though. They just, possibly, need some tweeking in order to get them to a place where they are at their best.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

ALL OF YOU HAVE MADE ME JUST A TWEENSY BIT ANNOYED YOU KNOW THAT?!

THE FORUMS ARE FINE AS THEY ARE.

No, let me say that again. The forums are fine as they are. There is nothing wrong with them! Yes, you may disagree with how some things are done and structured, but that's the way it's been for a while. Some of you haven't been here for a while, I have only been here 2 years or so, and when I first came, I, being the annoying newbie, was fine with it. Then somethings changed, some people got banned for some reasons, but ... we didn't all make a huge gigantic fuss over it.

Eric, get over yourself. I really think you need to learn that your ideas and 'helpful hints', as you put, aren't going to be put in place really anytime soon. Who wants to reconstruct the forum? It's fine as it. How strongly must I say it for you see that, yes, you have nice ideas and all, but they just are not for this place.

The newbie adoption. That could be confusing. How many of us are around all the time? How many of us are going to want to 'adopt' a newbie anyways? Yes, it's nice and all, but the oldbie's around here aren't around so often anymore. Some of them haven't shown there posts here for a least of 2 months. (Kind of since chat died ... the regular regulars are kind ... have vanished).

Also, yes, ideas keep things moving along but ... things have been like this for a while and nobody has tried to change it so that must say something to you guys' heads? Maybe just a little bit?

Spyells, yes, he's trying to help. But, I personally, do not think we need this help. I really feel the need to stress the point that:

THE FORUMS ARE FINE THE WAY THEY ARE. GOSH!

With that being said, I will exuse myself to go check on the meat in the oven. Hopefully it hasn't met it's doom...
            Payce~~
            Love and be loved

Comment

I think you need to calm down, tori. You're taking this as a personal insult on yourself. If you haven't noticed most people don't agree with him so there will not be any changes. It isn't like if the forums changed or if they didn't change it would effect your life personally. In fact you would still be fine. I don't see what the big problem is. You've stated your opinion (and more than once too) so let it go and stop arguing with him. If you really don't want his suggestion to go anywhere than you and the other people that don't agree need to stop posting on this topic. Once the thread dies no one will be paying it any attention. It's as simple as that. So calm down. This isn't a life or death situation.
              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Just so everybody knows, I just bumped Spyells's karma 20 points. Keeping the peace is a very hard thing to try and do. Thanks for stepping in and lending a helping hand.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I think that we need to stop being so harsh on Eric, and i agree with what Spyells has said. this is a place where we can just tell people our ideas about the forums, and discuss them, not a place where we attack people because we dislike their ideas. Tori- i don't think that all of Eric's ideas are from the site. some of his ideas have changed a little as he has posted here. And the forums won't change unless DD agrees, as has been stated before, so no one needs to start freaking out about the forums being changed. Sorry if anyone thinks that I am attacking them for the way that they post, but I think that Eric is being attacked a little to much for his ideas just being stated in these forums. I don't think that the Seniors should really have special privileges, but it would be pretty nice if you could change it a little, like to say 'wolf senior member'. Also, about the newbie adoption thing... I think that you are legible for that if you already do it. If you didn't care, and didn't want to do it, then you don't, so I think that the people who care enough to do it right are already doing it, so why change it?

Sorry if I got anyone angry, but i am telling how I feel about this situation, and will go now.

Peace.
                  Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

His ideas aren't all bad. Some of them can use a little tweaking, to work probably, and maybe some of them won't work on this site, for one reason or another, but i personally am more then willing to listen to them, and that's why ideas are brought up: so that they can be tweaked, and changed until they work, and then implemented.
                    I don't think anyone here really wants to start an argument or anythings...it's just that we all tend to get really passionate about our arguments, and sometimes things get a bit overheated.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a topic devoted to suggestions, so that only those who wished to talk about new suggestions would go there, and things wouldn't get so overheated? It would also condense things, saving room, which saves money.
                    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Yes, I think that that would be a good idea. To save space and keep the forums peaceful would be a very good thing. I wasn't saying that people shouldn't tweek his ideas at all; in fact it would probably be better for discussion; I just don't think that people should criticize them so harshly. no offense meant.
                      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Working...
                      X