X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEE! I NEED HELP!

Dear Lee,
    I previously posted a message that I wanted you to help me change my avatar. You replied by telling me I can e-mail it to you, and you would download it. It's been a week, and nothing has changed! I keep checking the avatar selections, and my avatar isn't there. I also havn't seen any notifications. And I can't check my parents e-mail. I just really want a different avatar.
    Best wishes,
    Sportzgrl101
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
    "Dreaming is the first step, doing is the second."
    "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Kelller
    I am very evil...Mua,ha,ha,ha!

Don't worry; what will happen is, Lee will change your avatar for you, you won't have to select it from the list. Or anyway that's what happened for me, and I believe for others who did the same. And it will happen! She might just be busy.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by sportzgr101:
      I previously posted a message that I wanted you to help me change my avatar. You replied by telling me I can e-mail it to you, and you would download it. It's been a week, and nothing has changed! I keep checking the avatar selections, and my avatar isn't there.
      Sorry, but the email's been really piled up here, and it's taken a little time to work through it all.

I have both the files you sent, but unfortunately they're both empty -- just blank squares, nothing more. I'm not sure why this should be: you might want to resend the avatar file as a .jpg rather than a .gif.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Lee, thanks for telling me. I was just worried! I'm not really sure why my pictures did that. I'll try to change it. How do you change the avatar file, anyway?
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
        "Dreaming is the first step, doing is the second."
        "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Kelller
        I am very evil...Mua,ha,ha,ha!

Comment

How do you change the avatar file, anyway?
          Well, that's going to depend on what software you're using to create or manage the art. What are you using?
          Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

this is an avatar question too. how long does it take to usually get an avatar set-up? i know you have a lot of email to sort through, i'm just thinking that maybe the image i sent you for my avatar doesn't work. if it doesn't, could you maybe let me know so i could pick another? thanks!
            Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
            "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

Open your picture on your computer and click save as. For most things, you can change the 'Save as Type' box. JPEG and JPG are the same thing.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by sportzgr101:
                Lee, thanks for telling me. I was just worried! I'm not really sure why my pictures did that. I'll try to change it. How do you change the avatar file, anyway?
                Did you say you wanted to use an avatar you made on the paperdoll site? If you do a right-click type save on that site, you only save the foreground pane, section 27, which was probably blank.

To save the avatar, you need to copy the screen and edit the copy - see the notes in the doll topic.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

gryph- i don't know if i need to change my image file type though. i thought it had said it had said on the avatar page that .bmp files were ok. i can try saving it as a GIF, maybe that will work better.
                  Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
                  "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

Working...
                  X