This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler warnings?

Uh, so, I was cruising through YW.com, as you do, and reading the W@W reviews, as you do if you can't get it for a few months (augh) and... well, um, I was maybe spoiled for quite a lot by one of them. Would it be possible to put spoiler warnings on them? Because I don't generally expect reviews to be spoilery, or not as spoilery as I think that one was, and I know I'm not the only one out there who hasn't read W@W yet.

Maybe I should just not read reviews, but most reviews I've read are pretty conscientious about spoilers- except apparently this one reviewer. Augh.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Hmm. You want to point me at the review in question? I'll see what can be done.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Lee: Since Tui hasn't replied here (though perhaps she responded to you privately), I'll mention that the Denver Post review contains some definitely 'spoilery' material, viz., <span class="ev_code_white">"Kit's wizardly dog, Ponch, proves crucial in winning over the only creature fated to counteract the evil Lone Power, but he does it over a box of dog biscuits. A previously undisclosed wizard wields not a wand but a fearsome curling iron that proves viciously effective on enemies." The latter is particularly 'spoilery' in light of the great speculation (since Dilemma) about whether or not Carmela was going to become a wizard. (That is, presuming that the sentence means what I think it does&mdash;I haven't read WAW yet and don't even have Tui's excuse.)</span>

In addition, I received a 404 error while attempting to access the Davis Enterprise review today (I had gotten confused as to which review was 'spoilery').

Nathan
      Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Having read WAW, I can tell you that the review is inaccurate (the reviewer must have been reading too fast), and the spoilers shouldn't be taken at face value.

So, now you don't know any of what happens in the book.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

It was the Denver Post review which I meant, yeah.

Having read WAW, I can tell you that the review is inaccurate (the reviewer must have been reading too fast), and the spoilers shouldn't be taken at face value.
          This is why I said "as spoilery as I think it was" and "maybe spoiled." I mean, I know "Ponch is rilly rilly important," as a spoiler goes, is kind of on a par with "Nita and Kit are in it," but, well... and also: I don't know whether to believe you or not. :P
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
          X