X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: from DD re: links to explicit material

To the membership at large:

MAKE SURE you read this message from DD.

She has (understandably) had a serious sense-of-humor failure about this issue. The appearance of links to sexually explicit fanfic or other material in her forums is completely inappropriate, and dangerous not only for our youngest members, but for DD, who could be prosecuted because of such links' presence.

You will have been required to read the changed Terms of Service when you logged in. Any new occurence of this kind of violation will be dealt swiftly and permanently: the user and their IP will immediately be banned, with no chance of ever being readmitted to the Forums.

Consider yourselves warned. And warn your friends on the forums if you think they might "accidentally" transgress. This is not an issue on which we will be lenient, or let someone off after what they try to make us believe is a mistake.

One strike and you're out, forever. Make sure everyone understands.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Hello,
    My mom does not like the fact that I go on a chat any more she still liets me go on ... just not as much its all becouse of thoes bad people who say they are some one elce but they are not ... *she saw it on the news* so is there any thing you or DD can do to pervent that?

Comment

Unfortunately, no, there's not. I wish there were.

Your mom is right to be cautious. We do our best to make sure that our users are who they say they are -- but it is impossible ever to be completely certain.

So you should be extremely cautious as well. You should never give personal information about yourself -- your real name or address or phone number, or anything else important -- to anyone you meet online. You should never make arrangements to meet an "online" person without bringing a parent or guardian along with you. Also, there are numerous websites that will teach you more about how to be secure on the Internet. You should study them.

It would be nice if there were some way to keep the nasty people from pretending to be who they're not. All we can all do is be very, very careful.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

you know on neopets they wont let you type the form of address phone number or password to your account, I think they have some block on it could you do something like that on the chat so we can be safe!!!!

Comment

I was wondering why the ToS page came up recently...

Man... It seems kinda sad that this announcement had to be posted IMHO.. This was probably the cleanest forum I'd ever seen when I first joined a year? two years ago? meh.. you get the point..

Comment

Ya...I'm kinda sad too...but....what Polly (Slash) said seems like a good idea...

I go on Neopets.com too and I've given the thing a good test run (heh) and it totally keep my cousin from getting some guy to stalk me down.
            (She tried to give out my address, PW, phone #, age, and all this other stuff thinking he was who he _said_ he was)

Is this a possible solution?

Comment

well if your cousin thinks that people online are who they really say they are then your cousin is really...

Well they probably programmed it themselves. And it would still have to be edited to be compatable with eve community. Maybe Lee, or DD can talk to the creators of eve to make something like that in the next version of eve.
              Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

Working...
              X