This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member banned permanently from chat

I dislike doing this, but the circumstances leave me no choice.

Member "Bryan" was acting inappropriately as regards both language and general behavior in last night's chat. This member has been banned from chat and the Forums previously, and as a result will no longer be able to enter chat.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Ummm I was banned last time for doing inapproprate stuff in entirely different ways several years ago so I am kinda confused as to what that has to do with anything.

Comment

if you've been banned before, what's the point in getting banned again? don't let it happen, and then there wont be any posts about anyone who is/was banned.
      ~the unreality of reality~

Comment

It means that you had done some _bad things_ in the past, which gives you a black mark on your record. You've done some more _bad things_. That's what.

>_>

Comment

Gigo is an... AK-47 addict.... *backs away*

Bryan, even though the two cases were different, it still means you have a track record. In the past, you've done stuff you shouldn't have. The fact that you had another incident means that, at this rate, you'll probably continue breaking rules. So... to prevent this from happening again, you've gotten banned.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

But still that was several years ago, who doesnt change in almost 3 years???

Comment

yes but Bryan you have done bad things in the past. And you did bad things again. If it happened 3 years ago D.D. and Lee still won't forget it.
              When you said "Who doesn't change in almost 3 years." You forget you did bad things again.
              Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

You know not to me like an old person trying to get rid of fun but I don't like the tought of some one like that on this website... I woud banned him fom thee the website if I were you.

Comment

I fail to see why this topic is being discussed.

This is between Bryan, Lee, and DD; the rest of us need have no input on the subject.
                  Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                  Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Sean, input is one thing, closure is another. Some folks will always feel the need to discuss a banning, without assuming their words will affect the situation in any way. I think it's ok to discuss this, as long as things remain civil.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

So u think he should be banned for inapriate language?
                      But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                      thou shall not eat of it:
                      for in the day that thou eatest there of
                      thou shalt surely die.

Comment

Bryan, trust me when I say this, I know how much ofa difference 3 years can make. But that doesnt mean that you don't remember your past and use it as a guide. You're suposed to learn from your mistakes, no?

I dont think memebers should be banned for inapropriate language right away. I know I myself, have been working very hard NOT to swear, on the boards, in respect to DD and our younger members. Nevertheless, people do slip *blush* and I think people should be given some chances, with warnings, and if, like me, they are trying not to swear, I think some slack should be cut. That does not mean that swearing is acceptable, these boards are suposed to be friendly for everyone. Some people are uncomfterble with swearing, those who are not, must respect that.

I also think that bryan did more than just cuss... But I wasn't in chat that night, or more acuratly, i was booted and then couldnt get back in... Safari hates chime... But i have heard some of what happened through friends. And I think a banning of chime is a good idea. For the time being at least.

Fratcha Bruta

Nella

Comment

Originally posted by Cody:
                          So u think he should be banned for inapriate language?
                          Cody, it's in the service agreement that you promise not to use inappropriate language on these boards or in chat.

But one slip is not going to get you banned around here. What will get you banned is when a) you agreed to abide by a set of rules for appropriate behavior, 2) you break them continually, 3) you are warned and put on probation, and 4) you break them again, without seeing anything wrong in doing so.

As has been mentioned, Bryan was banned before, and only allowed back on the boards by his agreement to follow the rules, which he then immediately broke again. This is pretty much the case for everyone who's gotten banned from this board. If someone says, "Please, stop." you really need to listen. It's generally not a casual thing if you're bothering someone enough that they're asking you to stop.

The attitude that you're above the law, that you don't have to worry about what other people think or feel, and that rules are for Other People is pretty much what's going to get you into trouble. And not just on this board.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

i see ur point, so that person is permantley banned?
                            But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                            thou shall not eat of it:
                            for in the day that thou eatest there of
                            thou shalt surely die.

Comment

From Chat. Bryan's still allowed to post in the Forums, mostly to seek closure or to apologize to the folks he upset. Explanations at this point are, well, frankly, not going to be very helpful. Just take Lee's word for it that what Bryan did justified banning. She and DD don't do this lightly or on a whim, and they always go by the evidence of the chat log itself, not just hearsay.

Comment

Working...
                              X