This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 AWoM ARC contest rules!

DD has mentioned in her message about the winners of the last contest for an advance reader's copy of A Wizard of Mars that we're getting ready to hold another one.

And we are! Here's how it's going to work.

All you have to do to enter is to post in the thread that I'm going to be opening sometime in the AWoM section in the next week. (Originally the thread was going to be started during the next ten days, but DD pointed out that it would be much nicer if whoever won this second ARC could have it in time for the holidays: so since we're coming into a busy time for mail in a lot of parts of the world, the contest needs to open and close within the next week.) If you're reading this and you're not a Forum member, please note that only registered members can post to threads in the Forums. You can register here.

You can post anything you like to the thread (well, it's probably better if you keep the postings short). But here's the catch: The thread will only be open for twenty-four hours. The only people eligible to win the ARC will be those who post to the thread within that twenty-four-hour period. (No multiple posts: one post to a customer. If anyone posts more than once, he or she will be disqualified.) So if you want to be in with a chance to win the ARC, you'll be wanting to stop into the Forums fairly frequently to check whether the announcement about the new contest has gone up yet. The announcement will also show in the YW Forums' Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/YoungWizForums .

Once that thread has closed, twenty-four hours after it's opened, the names of all Forum members who've managed to post to the thread will go into the hat (virtually if not literally: there's a limit to how many names we can get DD to write on little bits of paper...). One posting Forum member's name will be picked at random, and that person will win an ARC. (Multiple posts won't count: one to a customer.)

So that's how it will go. More on this... as it happens.

Good luck, everybody!

Lee / Forum Administrator

At some point it was mentioned that there would be a separate contest for forum members who entered before Nov so that the forums wouldn't be flooded with people for the contest. Is this still going to happen?( It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering)
    All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

We still have that in mind. The first contest wasn't exactly flooded: DD says she wants to see how this one behaves. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

so it will be sometime this week?
        Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

All you have to do to enter is to post in the thread that I'm going to be opening sometime in the AWoM section in the next week.
          I.e., within seven days of when that message was posted.

Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; December 8, 2009, 10:23:35 AM.

Comment

k thx I kinda just skimmed through it
            Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

Maybe I didn't really the understand rules...
              but didn't they say that you had to post within 24 hours of the contest going up?

Edit: Oh wait, never mind, I see what you were saying. Sorry
              Last edited by Lelouche; December 9, 2009, 10:14:04 AM.
              "To see a candle's flame, you must take it to a dark place." - The Farthest Shore

Comment

Working...
              X