This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizCast file locations

Folks, just as a FYI: All the WizCast files are present on YW.com in the /wizcast/ directory, under their old filenames.

iTunes has been advised several times of the change of address of the files, but seems unable to get the message. I am still working on this problem but at the moment have no ETA on when it will be fixed.

For the time being, interested Forum members are welcome to download the files from these locations:

10_July_2005_Some_Thoughts_On_Fanfic.mp3
    13_July_2005_Uptown_Local.mp3
    20thAnniversarySYWAfterword.mp3
    28_July_Young_Wizards_Questions_And_Answers.mp3

Let me ask you, however, not to do these downloads repeatedly, as our bandwidth on the YW.com domain is not unlimited.

If we continue to have problems with iTunes, we're considering moving the YW.net domain to a high bandwidth web host or other hosting service whose only purpose will be to house the WizCasts. At that time they will revert to the old addresses. I'll advise everybody if/when this happens.

In the mean time, please do not upload the WizCast files to any online source, including YouTube. DD does not want the files made available there. If they appear there, she will contact YouTube and have them removed. This could have adverse effects for the uploader's status with YouTube... so don't do it.

Thanks, all.
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; August 12, 2009, 02:28:03 PM. Reason: fixed Q&A link
    Lee / Forum Administrator

The link for the July 2005 Q&A didn't work for me, but the link off of the RSS feed (at: http://www.youngwizards.com/wizcast/wizcast.rss ) does, in case anyone else had the same problem.
    ~*~
    ...to have been this once, completely, even if only once: to have been at one with the earth, seems beyond undoing.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, The Ninth Elegy

Comment

Thanks, lifini -- I just updated Lee's post with the correct URL.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
      X