This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules on avatar sizes

Please, all, remember that oversize avatars drive up the costs of running the Forums... and it's DD who winds up paying for the extra bandwidth.

If you see an unusually oversize avatar attached to a message, I'd appreciate it if you'd hit the little triangle-and-exclamation point icon in the message, and bring it to my attention. (Please note that all such notifications are confidential.)

For those who have any questions, the page with rules on avatar sizes is here: http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...atarGuide.html.

Thanks.

Lee / Forum Administrator

Avatars I've got down. Neato. But it occurs to me: does the same apply for image linking? (of course, I'd think this up AFTER posting about 3 pictures, but I don't think I've done it often...) I may be mistaken in thinking it's the same or similar process, but I think bandwidth is affected by image linking, too. Any rules on that? (or have I missed/forgotten them?)

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
    --Agent M
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Still the Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I'm so so sorry I make it up with small one.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
      *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
      *Life is a book, all thats good is when one is in suspense-Devin
      *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and go

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
        Avatars I've got down. Neato. But it occurs to me: does the same apply for image linking?
        Well, we haven't formulated policy on that, since there hasn't been much of it. A once-off image in a thread wouldn't be too much of a problem, I'd think. Avatars are more problematic, since they show up on every single one of a user's posts, and can theoretically disrupt tens if not hundreds of threads.

I'd say: let common sense prevail. Keep linked images as small as possible.

Comment

Cool. That I've already been doing & will continue to do. Thanks, Lee.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Still the Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
          X