X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last warning to members with multiple identities

Folks,

This is going to be the last reminder to the membership at large about multiple identities, otherwise sometimes known as "sockpuppets". Please read this message on the subject if you haven't read it before.

Forum policy is simple: one identity / registration per person. I informed the membership in that older message (back in August) that those with multiple identities had a limited time to let me know that they had more than one registration here, and which one they wanted to keep. Other identities would then be locked off without further comment. A good number of people had multiple registrations like this, and contacted me, and we took care of it No big deal.

Some, however, didn't.

Over the next week I'm going to be doing considerable housekeeping around the Forums, and one thing that's going to be handled is the deletion of multiple memberships. There are some of you who have been playing this particular game for a good while. By this I mean that the person playing at being two people is doing so actively -- it's not some kind of accident, as might happen if someone had a couple of different registrations on different computers and wasn't keeping track of which one they were using. You'll get, for example, a person who has an identity/profile that claims to be in Oregon, and another one that claims to be in New Mexico, and one of the identities starts trying to get people to talk about the other one...while the system's login information makes it perfectly clear that both these people are using exactly the same login pathway to a town just outside Taos. Get the picture?

It's easy for us to see when this is happening. The Forum admins have been watching a few of you play this game for a while now. Well...time's up. Unless those of you who've been playing here under two (or sometimes more) different names do not contact me by PM or email by the 8th of December, notifying me of which single membership you want to keep, *all* your memberships will be deleted and you will be permanently banned from reregistering. End of story.

I have no desire to embarrass anybody. But when suddenly, on the 8th, two memberships disappear at once, everyone's going to know exactly what's been going on. Those involved can prevent this by PM'ing or emailing me before the 8th. Tell me which membership you want to keep and I'll just lock the excess one down without a word, so that it can't be further used. Otherwise...say goodbye to the Forums.
    Lee / Forum Administrator
Working...
X