This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple user accounts again??

Forum policy is that each member here gets one account.

The forum's logs have recently shown us that at least one member has allowed their computer to be used to open an account for someone else, for reasons that at the moment look rather suspect.

That "enabling" member has been spoken to, and action has been taken. But just a word to the wise: I don't particularly appreciate the attempt to circumvent Forum policy (and DD didn't care much for it either). Any further attempts of this kind will result in both the cheating and enabling users being locked out of both chat and the Forums.

Everybody please take note.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Hey um so I've been going on www.youngwizards.net for a while. Of course I have noticed the change to www.youngwizards.com. The changes etc. But I used to log in by going to the bottom of the page on the right side and pressing the 'user login.' link that now exists as the Yw forum status.

I now long in by clicking on a New At the Yw Forums. Because logging in through the normal login area isn't possible because the youngwizards.net discussion forums aren't compatible with this new formatting. But I'm worried to 'get a new account' Because I'd be going off the same ip address and I didn't change my account right away when this new sight went into action.

I'd rather not get another account only to realize I'd done something thats against the rules.

So informing me of what to do would be absolutely fantastic whenver you get the chance.

Thanks!

Nella.

Comment

No, you're okay, keep doing it the way you've been doing it.

The forums at YW.com (when we bring them online) are going to be different and separate from the ones here at YW.net. Accounts at the .com side have their own login (in the left-hand column). You're right that they are not interchangeable with or identical to the .net logins: due to differences in software and hosting, they can't and won't be.

There is no problem with members having accounts at both .com and .net. The problem is when the same person has more than one account at YW.net. Forum rules don't permit that.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I don't get it... why does there have to be a .com and a .net? Why not just stick to .net? I'm a bit confused here.... And I'm only registered for the .net forums and chat; if I register with .com what features do I then have access to?
        --
        posted 18 June, 2007
        I just realized the answer to my second question. When the forums for the .com address come out, I'll need to register with .com to access these new forums. But my first question still remains about why there'll be both .net and .com. I'm thinking maybe because the community is growing so fast that we need more space for everybody to post.

[edited to consolidate double-post. --kli]
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
        X