X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please beware shoutbox spam!

Friends,

Just a note: this morning our shoutbox was spammed again. I immediately erased the message and blocked the IP, but no doubt we're about to see more of these things.

Please don't click on URLs that you see in the Shoutbox unless they've been sent to you by a user whom you know.

Thanks!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Friends,

Just a note: this morning our shoutbox was spammed again. I immediately erased the message and blocked the IP, but no doubt we're about to see more of these things.

Please don't click on URLs that you see in the Shoutbox unless they've been sent to you by a user whom you know.

Thanks!

Comment

There's another one now. I don't suppose I can delete these? I added a few lines to help push it off the top for now.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

what is a shout box?
        (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
        "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Carl, the shoutbox is the little thing off to the side of the screen, where people can talk to you and say, hey, come to chat, or anything else. It's on the right hand side.

Also, try to avoid one-liners. DD pays for the posts herself, so you don't want to cost her more money than necessary.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Hey,

Are the spam viruses? I saw somthing like that on MSN. Just as a question, if I click on them by accident, then does my computer get a virus? Even though I have a mac with very up to date virus protection, I'm still a nervous reck about that stuff... Help?

----------------------------------------------
            Member of the DDFQOTW foundation
            Committed Fratcha-Bruta

Forever and Always

Comment

In the past they haven't usually been viruses - just links to extremely explicit and dirty websites. But it wouldn't surprise me if clicking on such a link might expose you to a virus. So avoid clicking.

Comment

Working...
              X